12-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Upon suggestion of UU member Hippie Guy.:

This is a thread for trading strings.

What have you got?

What do you want?

Let the trading begin!

johnson430
12-08-2015, 04:00 PM
I have a set of Tenor size La Bella No. 12 w/ wound C.
Free! No trade needed.

*Always looking for high tension tenor strings.

rbeetsme
12-08-2015, 04:15 PM
I'm looking for some Shania Twine.

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
12-09-2015, 06:16 AM
Yesterday I received another batch of experimental wound C & G strings from Oasis if anyone wants to play around with them. I don't know if they are good or bad since I haven't had a chance to string them up yet. They don't seem like they will be squeak less though. I have a half dozen sets or so that I can send out. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to try them.
EDIT: I will pair them with an E & A string to make up a complete linear set.

EDIT #2: Strings all gone. :)

Brad Bordessa
12-09-2015, 06:23 AM
I have a set of Tenor size La Bella No. 12 w/ wound C.
Looking for high tension tenor strings.

I can hook you up with some Worth Clears - heavy tension. PM me your address if you want to try them.

johnson430
12-09-2015, 07:03 AM
I can hook you up with some Worth Clears - heavy tension. PM me your address if you want to try them.

I sent you a PM.
Thanks for the offer. I hear good things about the worth clears.

johnson430
12-09-2015, 07:16 AM
Yesterday I received another batch of experimental wound C & G strings from Oasis if anyone wants to play around with them. I don't know if they are good or bad since I haven't had a chance to string them up yet. They don't seem like they will be squeak less though. I have a half dozen sets or so that I can send out. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to try them.

I sent you a PM.

wayfarer75
12-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Edited post: no longer applicable.

johnson430
12-09-2015, 11:52 AM
I'm looking for some Shania Twine.

Will this do?

mds725
12-09-2015, 12:50 PM

Hi Chuck! I just began using the wound C Oasis string you sent me from the first batch you received (Mahalo again for that!). I like it so far and I haven't minded the occasional squeak. I'm curious how the experimental Oasis wound G strings compares to Fremont Soloist Low G strings, but I can wait to hear what others have to say about it. For those who are low G players, it's worth trying a set with an Oasis wound C string.

warndt
12-09-2015, 02:36 PM
I've yet to try both the wound G along with the wound C. I'll let you know my thoughts.

Thanks once again Chuck for a try at these new OASIS strings!!!

Wm.

johnson430
12-09-2015, 04:03 PM
I've yet to try both the wound G along with the wound C. I'll let you know my thoughts.

Thanks once again Chuck for a try at these new OASIS strings!!!

Wm.

Awesome, Wm.

Chuck will be sending me a set as well.
I had read in another thread recently that someone was using a wound c and g and that peaked my interest in the idea.
I cannot wait to try them and report back on my findings.

Johnson =)

fretie
12-10-2015, 05:22 AM
I would like to trade Martin 600's soprano/concert for either Freemont Blacklines or Living Water - soprano/concert.

And I have a set of Ko'olau Gold Concert with 4th string wound that I would also like to trade for either the Freemonts or LW - soprano/concert

fretie
12-11-2015, 01:23 PM
How about some stock Kamaka strings that you took off your soprano or concert Kamaka? Anyone got a set of those they'd be will to trade for my Martin 600's or Ko'olau Golds?

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
12-12-2015, 06:48 AM
I found a few more experimental Oasis wound G & C strings if anyone wants them. PM me with your address.

DownUpDave
12-12-2015, 09:13 AM
Hi Chuck! I just began using the wound C Oasis string you sent me from the first batch you received (Mahalo again for that!). I like it so far and I haven't minded the occasional squeak. I'm curious how the experimental Oasis wound G strings compares to Fremont Soloist Low G strings, but I can wait to hear what others have to say about it. For those who are low G players, it's worth trying a set with an Oasis wound C string.

Hey Mark, I have tried the new warm smooth wound from Oasis. In comparision to Fremont it is larger in diameter. 033 vs. 030 and it is not as squeekless as the Fremont. Winner for quiet is the Fremont then South Coast and Oasis is a close third. It has a fabulous sound, full, deep and really resonant, very guitar like. I enjoyed the sustain that string produced.

In the spirit of this thread I have a new issue Aquila Red low G single string, new in the package. Send me am PM with your info and I will mail it out to you gratis.

rappsy
12-12-2015, 09:39 AM
Thanks to Johnson430 and Brad for getting this thread started.

Kala Pearl Strings - Pay It Forward (THESE ARE NOW CLAIMED)

Time for another Pay It Forward. People are there for me and I do what I can to give back.

A recent Uke purchase came strung with Kala Pearls. As far as I know, the strings are not that old.

I replaced them and have these available. They are tenor and as they were cut to fit it, it would probably be hard to put them back on a tenor... Maybe a concert....

Anyway, PM me and they are yours. U.S. addresses please. If you've gotten something else from me, please let someone new get it.

If anyone has a set of Southcoast LU Lights or Southcoast LM Light Mediums, I would like to buy a set.

Enjoy and Happy Holidays to all.

Pukin' Ukin'
12-12-2015, 09:52 AM

Kala Pearl Strings - Pay It Forward

Time for another Pay It Forward. People are there for me and I do what I can to give back.

A recent Uke purchase came strung with Kala Pearls. As far as I know, the strings are not that old.

I replaced them and have these available. They are tenor and as they were cut to fit it, it would probably be hard to put them back on a tenor... Maybe a concert....

Anyway, PM me and they are yours. U.S. addresses please. If you've gotten something else from me, please let someone new get it.

If anyone has a set of Southcoast LU Lights or Southcoast LM Light Mediums, I would like to buy a set.

Just a heads up DONT cut the black ends off of these Kala Pearl strings. If you do they will unravel. They are flat wound nylon over nylon. There are vids online about it but it's pretty easy to just wind and tie them at the black ends.

rappsy
12-12-2015, 01:43 PM

Kala Pearl Strings

These are now claimed.

Still looking for Southcoast LU Light Gauge or LMU Light Medium Gauge

johnson430
12-12-2015, 03:03 PM
Awesome everyone. So glad to see the string exchange is working.

I still have a set of La Bella #12 tenor strings with a wound C that want to be strung on your uke.
They are light/medium tension strings.
Made in USA
Free to a good home in the CONUS, just PM me your address and they are yours.
Johnson

Jim Hanks
12-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Ok, I'll play. I have an extra set of Southcoast light linears (LL-NW) . I'd like a set of Southcoast reentrant light or extra lights (or even better the "soft" version of either).

By the way, what's the best way to mail a single set of strings? Normal envelope? Padded? How many stamps? (In U.S.)

the flat tire
12-12-2015, 05:18 PM
one set of Worth CT-LG
age unknown

looking for:
Worth Brown tenor HG
Koolau- Alohi or Mahana tenor high g
D'addario Titaniums tenor high g

johnson430
12-12-2015, 06:52 PM
Ok, I'll play. I have an extra set of Southcoast light linears (LL-NW) . I'd like a set of Southcoast reentrant light or extra lights (or even better the "soft" version of either).

By the way, what's the best way to mail a single set of strings? Normal envelope? Padded? How many stamps? (In U.S.)

Normal envelope. Shouldn't be too much if you send them first class.

johnson430
12-16-2015, 06:35 AM
FYI
I received the experimental strings from Chuck.

Thanks Chuck =)

They sound great to me.
I will do a sound recording soon so you all can hear them on my Pono MGT.

warndt
12-16-2015, 07:02 AM
FYI
I received the experimental strings from Chuck.

Thanks Chuck =)

They sound great to me.
I will do a sound recording soon so you all can hear them on my Pono MGT.

Ha! That's a coincidence...I'll be putting Chuck's experimental strings on a Pono MGTD. Thanks Chuck!!

William

lakesideglenn
12-16-2015, 07:13 AM
And I will be putting them on my Wise tenor.
Thanks Chuck....you're the best!

wayfarer75
12-16-2015, 09:14 AM
I have some LoPrinzi tenor strings I got in a mix-up. Anyone want to exchange them for some concert or soprano strings?

johnson430
12-27-2015, 12:54 PM
I was cleaning out a box and found a brand new set of D'Addario Pro Arte Tenor J 71 Clear Nylon High G string set.
PM your address to me and I will send them to you for free.
Johnson

Uke182
12-27-2015, 06:31 PM
PM sent, Johnson.

I was cleaning out a box and found a brand new set of D'Addario Pro Arte Tenor J 71 Clear Nylon High G string set.
PM your address to me and I will send them to you for free.
Johnson

johnson430
12-28-2015, 05:20 AM
PM sent, Johnson.

Got it.
The J71 are going to a new home in California.

I still have the nylon/ nylon and aluminum wound C La Bella No. 12 tenor string set.
Made in the USA!
Here is a link about the strings:
http://www.labella.com/products/12-tenor-ukulele/

Free to any lower 48 UU member.
PM me your address and the set is yours.

ukegirl
12-28-2015, 07:24 AM
Pack of D'Addario EJ88C concert Nyltech for something similar in Soprano size ie: Improved Nylgut or Nyltech
Thanks!

vanflynn
12-29-2015, 04:58 AM
Great idea for a thread. I'm one of those that will spend and extra $20 in strings to get free shipping from Elderly. Needless to say I have some cats and dogs.

Free to a good home (sorry, US only), all unused. PM me with address:

D'Addario Concert Titanium -- Gone - heading to the Golden Gate

Worth Soprano/Concert Brown Medium - Low G -- Gone -Off to a nice home

Aquila Nulgut Soprano Fifths

Aquila Nulgut Concert Fifths
(Was thinking about reverting to my Mandolin days but didn't go there)

Uke182
12-29-2015, 08:30 AM
PM sent. Thank you.

Great idea for a thread. I'm one of those that will spend and extra $20 in strings to get free shipping from Elderly. Needless to say I have some cats and dogs.

Free to a good home (sorry, US only), all unused. PM me with address:

D'Addario Concert Titanium

Worth Soprano/Concert Brown Medium - Low G -- Gone -Off to a nice home

Aquila Nulgut Soprano Fifths

Aquila Nulgut Concert Fifths
(Was thinking about reverting to my Mandolin days but didn't go there)

Captain Simian
12-30-2015, 04:25 PM
I don't have any strings to trade but I do have a whole bunch of geared tuners, some sealed, some open, some nice, some cheap, that I have no need for if anyone is interested in some strings for tuners trading.

Uke182
01-04-2016, 02:50 PM
GONE - that was fast. Paying it forward now. I have a new set of Martin Tenor M620 fluorocarbons. PM your address and I'll be happy to mail them to you, US only. Happy New Year!

Uke man
01-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Well I do have a martin tenor. Hymmm

johnson430
01-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Uke182, I got your PM.
Thanks for keeping the good spirit going.
Please let me know what you think of the J71.
I have used them on my mango several times.
Some Living Waters are coming my way from the UK and I am very excited to try his Low G.

rappsy
01-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Uke182, I got your PM.
Some Living Waters are coming my way from the UK and I am very excited to try his Low G.

I wasn't sure if you knew this but Mike at Uke Republic represents Ken's Living Waters string line. I don't know if he has all of the items that Ken offers. but it worth a try and the wait should certainly be less.

johnson430
01-04-2016, 04:55 PM
I wasn't sure if you knew this but Mike at Uke Republic represents Ken's Living Waters string line. I don't know if he has all of the items that Ken offers. but it worth a try and the wait should certainly be less.

Lenny,
I just did a price check and it is about the same price from Uke Republic as it is to get them from the UK.
And the shorter shipping time is a bonus. My order was shipped 12/23 and I am still waiting for my strings.
Thanks for the info,
Johnson

BTW, I have had those Oasis experimental strings on my mango and want to pull them off but I gave all my other string sets away except one set of PHD Low G and I do not want to put them on because I will want to pull them off and try the Living Waters when they arrive.
Oh well, if that is the worst of my problems I am having a good day. =)

Uke182
01-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Thank YOU for starting this thread. ProArte's are my string of choice for tenors for now. I really love the feel and the warmer tone of these clear nylon strings. I had a set of Ko'olau Mahana's All-Plain which I think you know is the same, but a very slight different gauge, on my Pono tenor. I can't wait to see how they sound on my KoAloha tenor.

Uke182, I got your PM.

Fleacia
01-08-2016, 01:44 PM
I have one set of Living Waters concert low G strings to trade...

For one Aquila 31U concert 5ths set.

Please PM your address if interested, sorry, lower 48 U.S. only.
Thanks!

rappsy
01-17-2016, 04:40 PM
I have two different sets for trade.

D'Addario EJ65T Tenor Strings.

D'Addario EJ87T Tenor Strings.

Both sets were opened and put on the Uke. A few minutes later they were taken off and put back in the pack. They were not cut.

Seeking:

One Single High G Worth Clear CT or CM.

Complete set of Worth High G Clears. CT or CM or CL.

Martin 620 Tenor strings.

Fremont Black Lines Tenor

FinnP
01-24-2016, 07:42 AM
Hi
I found out that low G is not for me.
I have two untouched "worth" sets i bought this summer.
BM-LG 46 inch concert and CF-LGEX 63 inch tenor. Note that this is double lenghts, so you get four sets.

I interested in high G concert strings to try on my new Martin c1k. Fremont blacklines (tenor too) , living water, Worth BM or CM or ?

Uke182
08-18-2016, 08:21 AM
I am reviving this thread. A friend has 7 packs of tenor Aquila's he will no longer use. He has:

5 Aquila New Nylgut high G tenor

2 Aquila Super Nylgut high G tenor

If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you his contact information.

Captain Simian
08-18-2016, 08:37 AM
I have two unused set of D'Addario J68 baritone strings for linear G tuning. These have nylon 1st & 2nd strings, wound 3rd & 4th. Free to whoever wants them although if you have an unused set or two of Martin M600's I'd gladly trade.

UkerDanno
08-19-2016, 04:14 AM
I interested in high G concert strings to try on my new Martin c1k. Fremont blacklines (tenor too) , living water, Worth BM or CM or ?

I tried Living Water and Worth on my C1K, and always went back to Martins!

oops, didn't realize that was posted in Jan.

johnson430
08-19-2016, 07:00 AM
I tried Living Water and Worth on my C1K, and always went back to Martins!

oops, didn't realize that was posted in Jan.

Hey, glad you revived it.
I wonder if anyone has any extra string sets they might want to give away or trade?
We had a pretty good trade thing going on when this all started.

Uke182
08-19-2016, 08:24 AM
Hey, glad you revived it.
I wonder if anyone has any extra string sets they might want to give away or trade?
We had a pretty good trade thing going on when this all started.

Hey Johnson!

Well, my friend does have 5 packs of Aquila New Nylguts tenor and 2 packs of Aquila Super Nylguts tenor. :D

johnson430
08-19-2016, 11:53 AM
Hey Johnson!

Well, my friend does have 5 packs of Aquila New Nylguts tenor and 2 packs of Aquila Super Nylguts tenor. :D

Awesome. I know people are always looking for Aquilias.
I came across a set of brand new la bella folk guitar strings if anyone wants them for free. The first person to PM their address to me will get the strings.
https://www.amazon.com/LaBella-830-Labella-Folksinger-Treb/dp/B0002MJTYY

Uke182
08-22-2016, 06:13 AM
I am reviving this thread. A friend has 7 packs of tenor Aquila's he will no longer use. He has:

Happy Monday, BUMP...

Uke182
08-30-2016, 07:02 PM

Bumpity bump...

mictag
09-06-2016, 07:42 AM
Any reason you didn't like these?

Uke182
09-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Any reason you didn't like these?

Helping a friend getting rid of them. He just fell in love with Oasis fluorocarbons and will not use anything else for now.