The String Exchange Thread

johnson430

Reaction score
Upon suggestion of UU member Hippie Guy.:

This is a thread for trading strings.

What have you got?

What do you want?

Let the trading begin!

I have a set of Tenor size La Bella No. 12 w/ wound C.
Free! No trade needed.

*Always looking for high tension tenor strings.

Last edited:
Yesterday I received another batch of experimental wound C & G strings from Oasis if anyone wants to play around with them. I don't know if they are good or bad since I haven't had a chance to string them up yet. They don't seem like they will be squeak less though. I have a half dozen sets or so that I can send out. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to try them.
EDIT: I will pair them with an E & A string to make up a complete linear set.

EDIT #2: Strings all gone. :)

Last edited:
I have a set of Tenor size La Bella No. 12 w/ wound C.
Looking for high tension tenor strings.

I can hook you up with some Worth Clears - heavy tension. PM me your address if you want to try them.

Yesterday I received another batch of experimental wound C & G strings from Oasis if anyone wants to play around with them. I don't know if they are good or bad since I haven't had a chance to string them up yet. They don't seem like they will be squeak less though. I have a half dozen sets or so that I can send out. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to try them.

I sent you a PM.

Edited post: no longer applicable.

Last edited:

Hi Chuck! I just began using the wound C Oasis string you sent me from the first batch you received (Mahalo again for that!). I like it so far and I haven't minded the occasional squeak. I'm curious how the experimental Oasis wound G strings compares to Fremont Soloist Low G strings, but I can wait to hear what others have to say about it. For those who are low G players, it's worth trying a set with an Oasis wound C string.

I've yet to try both the wound G along with the wound C. I'll let you know my thoughts.

Thanks once again Chuck for a try at these new OASIS strings!!!

Wm.

I've yet to try both the wound G along with the wound C. I'll let you know my thoughts.

Thanks once again Chuck for a try at these new OASIS strings!!!

Wm.

Awesome, Wm.

Chuck will be sending me a set as well.
I had read in another thread recently that someone was using a wound c and g and that peaked my interest in the idea.
I cannot wait to try them and report back on my findings.

Johnson =)

I would like to trade Martin 600's soprano/concert for either Freemont Blacklines or Living Water - soprano/concert.

And I have a set of Ko'olau Gold Concert with 4th string wound that I would also like to trade for either the Freemonts or LW - soprano/concert

How about some stock Kamaka strings that you took off your soprano or concert Kamaka? Anyone got a set of those they'd be will to trade for my Martin 600's or Ko'olau Golds?

Hi Chuck! I just began using the wound C Oasis string you sent me from the first batch you received (Mahalo again for that!). I like it so far and I haven't minded the occasional squeak. I'm curious how the experimental Oasis wound G strings compares to Fremont Soloist Low G strings, but I can wait to hear what others have to say about it. For those who are low G players, it's worth trying a set with an Oasis wound C string.

Hey Mark, I have tried the new warm smooth wound from Oasis. In comparision to Fremont it is larger in diameter. 033 vs. 030 and it is not as squeekless as the Fremont. Winner for quiet is the Fremont then South Coast and Oasis is a close third. It has a fabulous sound, full, deep and really resonant, very guitar like. I enjoyed the sustain that string produced.

In the spirit of this thread I have a new issue Aquila Red low G single string, new in the package. Send me am PM with your info and I will mail it out to you gratis.

Last edited:
Thanks to Johnson430 and Brad for getting this thread started.

Kala Pearl Strings - Pay It Forward (THESE ARE NOW CLAIMED)

Time for another Pay It Forward. People are there for me and I do what I can to give back.

A recent Uke purchase came strung with Kala Pearls. As far as I know, the strings are not that old.

I replaced them and have these available. They are tenor and as they were cut to fit it, it would probably be hard to put them back on a tenor... Maybe a concert....

Anyway, PM me and they are yours. U.S. addresses please. If you've gotten something else from me, please let someone new get it.

If anyone has a set of Southcoast LU Lights or Southcoast LM Light Mediums, I would like to buy a set.

Enjoy and Happy Holidays to all.

Last edited:

Kala Pearl Strings - Pay It Forward

Time for another Pay It Forward. People are there for me and I do what I can to give back.

A recent Uke purchase came strung with Kala Pearls. As far as I know, the strings are not that old.

I replaced them and have these available. They are tenor and as they were cut to fit it, it would probably be hard to put them back on a tenor... Maybe a concert....

Anyway, PM me and they are yours. U.S. addresses please. If you've gotten something else from me, please let someone new get it.

If anyone has a set of Southcoast LU Lights or Southcoast LM Light Mediums, I would like to buy a set.

Just a heads up DONT cut the black ends off of these Kala Pearl strings. If you do they will unravel. They are flat wound nylon over nylon. There are vids online about it but it's pretty easy to just wind and tie them at the black ends.

Kala Pearl Strings

These are now claimed.

Still looking for Southcoast LU Light Gauge or LMU Light Medium Gauge

Last edited:
Awesome everyone. So glad to see the string exchange is working.

I still have a set of La Bella #12 tenor strings with a wound C that want to be strung on your uke.
They are light/medium tension strings.
Made in USA
Free to a good home in the CONUS, just PM me your address and they are yours.
Johnson

Top Bottom