Eastman soprano uke

RLM3121

Reaction score
I am looking at a Eastman soprano uke that I will use as a travel uke. Something to take along when I would rather leave my Collings at home.
I haven't found many reviews or comments about them. If anyone owns one I would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

Can't talk to the uke, but I had an Eastman mandolin that was a lovely instrument. Really good attention to build quality and playability, the only part that wasn't top notch was the finish but I never cared because it played and sounded excellent. If I go back to the mandolin I'd go straight to an Eastman for the money. I'd expect the ukes to be of a similar quality/value.

I don't own one but know someone who does and I've tried them in store. Nice instruments. The glossy finish was a bit thick for my taste.

I can't speak to their ukuleles as I have never seen or heard one in-person, but their guitars are great sellers at the local dealer that carries them and their mandolins. They seem to adopt many features of the big names in the industry, particularly Martin for their guitars, and offer them at a far lower price point. Probably why they sell well.

I have tried one in the store and it was a nice kid-lower end Uke.

I would agree the finish was a little thick.

If I was looking for a travel Uke, a used Kala or Ohana from someone here is what I would look for.

Great quality, lower price point and a used sale which has the advantage of being cheaper still and if something happens then. No worries.

Top Bottom