FS: Pono RT-PC C (Solid Rosewood/Solid Cedar Pro Classic Tenor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieWG

Reaction score
Due to severe time shortage, I just haven't been playing. This uke deserves to be played and heard. As stated in the title, it is a tenor in the Pro Classic line, solid cedar top, solid rosewood back and sides. It has great warmth and fantastic sustain. It has strap buttons on the bottom of the lower bout, and on the neck block near where it joins the body. Hard case included. Attached are some photos.

The uke is marked a second, but I have never been able to find the flaw. Aside from a couple of small dings from playing, it's perfect. Photographing this uke is like photographing a mirror, so there is a lot of glare and reflected light from all over. Any areas that look "different" on the surface are reflections, and not a finish flaw or color difference. Feel free to ask if you need an additional photo of something.

I would like $500 plus shipping/insurance. Will ship only within the continental US. Payment via Paypal only.
FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_9352.jpgIMG_9369.jpgIMG_9368.jpg

Last edited:
That is a beautiful Pono. Best of luck selling it quickly.

I think another UU member is looking for a tenor cedar Pono.
I am sure you can search the recent marketplace posts and find the WTB : cedar pono post.
Again, good luck. I love my Ponos, great instruments.

It doesn't look like the current models.

What year is this? Does it have a radius fret board?

Maybe a 2013.
I found a NUD post for a Pono RT-PC C from 7/2013 that looks like it has similar styling as this one.
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?82766-NUD-Pono-RT-PC-C

Yes, that's the uke I bought. The seller was switching over to sopranos at that time, and I was in the market for a really nice tenor at a lower-than-custom price point. I am not a fan of radius fingerboards and it doesn't have one, so it was a perfect choice. I'm a classical guitarist and have not had enough uke time lately to hang onto it, but I love it so much that I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't sell and I have to keep it for awhile! I keep hoping to have time for it.

It doesn't look like the current models.

What year is this? Does it have a radius fret board?

Sam, it is the predecessor of this model. As you can see, the one I linked to is out of stock, and with good reason. They claim that cedar/rosewood is their most popular Pono tenor Pro Classic. Mine sounds a lot like that one, with the warmth, complexity, and ringing sustain. If they are not available new, nor second hand, there is a reason why people are snapping them up and then not letting go.

From The Ukulele Site: "This is our most popular Pono Pro-Classic. The RTSH is crisper, louder, and deeper in sound than almost any ukulele money can buy. Cedar has a "broken in" quality, or a sweetness in sound that it takes other woods many years to attain. Along with that is the deep, rich tonality given from this rosewood."

Although mine doesn't have the slothead and radius, it is still that Pono cedar/rosewood Pro Classic sound for $500 instead of $879. It's extremely comfortable to play and in super condition.

Jamie

Last edited:
I'm bumping this up because my son just took this uke up to Boston. If any of you up there are interested, you can check it out first hand, and also avoid shipping charges! Please note that the hard case is included in the price.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom