Anyone try the Ohana ck70rb plastic round back concert?

uketanzon

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting one of these...pretty cool looking....polymer Round back with solid spruce top.....in gloss.

Actually more appealing to me than a fluke or flea..

Anyone have one to comment?

Anyone selling one?

You might want to try something like it if you can to see if you like it. Way back in time when I was looking for a guitar I fell in love with the look of Ovation guitars which had a rounded, molded back. When I got a chance to try one in the store I found I didn't really care for it at all. The molded back and whatever it was made of was slippery making it hard to hold in place. Granted, the Ovations I tried had a more rounded back than what appears on the Ohana but it's food for thought.

I briefly owned one, have also owned a Fluke and a Flea. I liked the Flea the best, by far. The Ohana was loud but sort of flat sounding. I can only describe it as one-dimensional. Solid wood instruments have so many more layers to their tone. The Fluke sounded similar, a bit muddy to me. The Flea can be very sweet sounding with the right strings.

I know that Ohana have a newish pineapple concert with solid spruce top - the PKC-70G - if that's of any interest.

It's currently at the top of my New Year 'to do' list :)

I know that Ohana have a newish pineapple concert with solid spruce top - the PKC-70G - if that's of any interest.

It's currently at the top of my New Year 'to do' list :)

That looks sweet!

I briefly owned one, have also owned a Fluke and a Flea. I liked the Flea the best, by far. The Ohana was loud but sort of flat sounding. I can only describe it as one-dimensional. Solid wood instruments have so many more layers to their tone. The Fluke sounded similar, a bit muddy to me. The Flea can be very sweet sounding with the right strings.

Thanks...appreciate the comment and insight

Top Bottom