NUD and Wyatt's story...

UkieOkie

Reaction score
Hello my friends, below will be a pick of my new, almost finished, cigar box uke that I am making. There is a little story behind it that I will tell in a moment. It is soprano scale with mahogany neck and friction tuners. It is the first cigar box uke I have made. It was a lot of fun. When its strung and settled I'll do a sound sample.

image.jpg

The shamrock sound hole is inspired by my little buddy Wyatt. Wyatt is my best friends son who passed away last November. Wyatt was with us 99 days before he went to be with the Lord. Wyatt had a fatal form of dwarfism called Thanataphoric Dyplasia or TD for short. Most babies who have this don't make it more than a few moments after birth. Some of thosee babies also have what called "Clover Head" regarding the shape of their skull, hence the shamrock soundhole. Wyatt was a tough little dude and we were blessed by his presence for 99 days. His family started a foundation to help families who have children in dire situations in the hospital and also for people who unfortunately lose children. The foundation helps with funeral costs and family support while the child is in the hospital. If you haven't found a place for your holiday donations Wyatt's Wings would welcome them.

Drop by http://wyattswings.org if you want to read more of Wyatt's story or to help out the foundation.

Thanks for looking.

Trevor

ps. Thanks to those who shared their advice in building this uke. Also, this is my post #100 ;-)

Here are couple more pics with it strung up. The strings are still stretching, but I'm loving it already.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to hearing it.

Wyatt will be remembered with smiles all over, in many hearts and whenever you play your new uke! Even more meaningful because you built it! Thanks for sharing the story of Wyatt and your uke!

Thank you Stan and Fleacia. For such a little guy Wyatt made a big splash while he was here. Thank you again for your comments.

Top Bottom