Pick-up model - needs your recommendation

SoloRule

Reaction score
Ever since I received Corey Fujimoto Pono. All my other ukes lost its volume.
I am thinking of installing a pick up in my other Pono that is ATSH Pro Classic.
LR Baggs 5.0 is what Corey has in his Pono but I am looking for something cheaper as my purpose is to increase volume only. I am not a performer.

My AMP is Roland Clube 30. COSM

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.
Thank you [downupdave] for suggesting me to ask in the forum.

Last edited:
...my purpose is to increase volume only.

Companies spend years and lots of money trying to develop pickups that only make ukes louder. I think the Baggs does this pretty well for the price point. You get what you pay for.

The best and easiest way to do this is to use a mic if you're not performing (and often when you ARE performing). But it seems funny to want your uke louder and not be performing so I'm gathering you want to use the effects on your amp? In which case, a stick-on is probably your best bet for casual experimenting.

Consider a MISI. They are a little cheaper, easy to recharge and work well.

Consider a MISI. They are a little cheaper, easy to recharge and work well.

A short time ago I told her to get a Pono passive from Andrew. It is $35.00, you have one, what do you think of it. I remember it sounded pretty nice at my house.

Companies spend years and lots of money trying to develop pickups that only make ukes louder. I think the Baggs does this pretty well for the price point. You get what you pay for.

The best and easiest way to do this is to use a mic if you're not performing (and often when you ARE performing). But it seems funny to want your uke louder and not be performing so I'm gathering you want to use the effects on your amp? In which case, a stick-on is probably your best bet for casual experimenting.

You are probably right. Stick on also mean save on installation cost too.

The Pono Passive pick up is excellent. I have it in two Ukes. Works like a charm.

Top Bottom