What's The One Uke We Want to Get for the Holidays?

rappsy

Reaction score
Thought I would see what is on everyone's Wish List for the holidays.

We all have fantasies of what we would want if we had an unlimited budget, but if we could afford it or reasonably stretch the budget to get it, what would it be?

The one I want is a Kamaka HF-2L Super Concert Deluxe.

Your turn.

A Kamaka concert will do. Doesn't even have to be fancy.

And then I'll flap my wings and fly to the moon. :)

I am hoping my Ono arrives by Christmas time, it will be close..........Oh I forgot about Canada Customs they like to hold things a couple weeks for no good reason at all. So that wish just got shot to hell.

I think I need some koa goodness in the stable. A finely figured Kamaka tenor would do it.

A Kanile'a "Ku'uipo" Concert in koa (their model with the heart-shaped soundhole) or
an Antico Concert from Antica Ukuleleria (http://www.anticaukuleleria.com/#!antico/cerp) which has a lovely "violin" finish over spruce top and maple back.

Possibly an electric, so as to be able to practice any time I feel like it (unplugged), & then try out some effects with it later on (?).:music:

A Kanile'a "Ku'uipo" Concert in koa (their model with the heart-shaped soundhole) or
an Antico Concert from Antica Ukuleleria (http://www.anticaukuleleria.com/#!antico/cerp) which has a lovely "violin" finish over spruce top and maple back.

Not familiar with Antico. Just checked their site. They are beautiful. I especially like the looks of the Moderno. What is the general price range for these?

Waiting for mine but not till April....a custom build from Beau Hannam..tenor Ziricote and figured redwood with custom inlays.

Santa Claus, please bring me a Moore Bettah concert, all solid curly koa with rope binding.

Mint 5k? :p

Actually, I have not tried out enough of the vintage instruments to really know what I want. I'd love to play a few from different manufacturers from the 20's or so.

Santa delivered a few to me early, but were I to ask for one more that is "reasonable", I suppose it might be the spruce-top Kanile'a that HMS has right now, or the Larrivee Spruce/Rosewood.

I am hoping my Ono arrives by Christmas time, it will be close..........Oh I forgot about Canada Customs they like to hold things a couple weeks for no good reason at all. So that wish just got shot to hell.

I think I need some koa goodness in the stable. A finely figured Kamaka tenor would do it.

My Christmas list is very similar. I have a custom Talsma that I am hoping to receive in time. If not that, a Kamaka concert under the tree would be a welcome sight!

Not in the market for anything, but it would be nice to own a vintage uke.

If money is no object, I'd love to find, under the holiday shrubbery, a National Style "0" Deluxe.

Top Bottom