NUD Martin 2K Soprano

Bill Potter

Reaction score
Well, the vintage camera I put up on FleaBay met the reserve on Sunday so I had the daunting task of heading down to my local uke shop to pick between the two Martin 2 sopranos they'd marked down to "can't resist" prices. One was mahogany and the other koa. I've always though of myself as a mahogany kind of guy, but the 2K just SINGS. It took a while, but I finally made my choice and am now the VERY happy owner of my first Nazareth made Martin. Now my 0XK has become my "office" uke (joining the rack of cheapies and loaners).

POST EDITED, now with pics!.

Aloha,

Bill in NH
PC190555.jpgPC190556.jpgPC190557.jpgPC190558.jpgPC190559.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats Bill on the 2k!

I like your line that the OXK now joins the rack of cheapies and loaners! I know exactly what you mean. hehe

I've had an OXK and a 2k. (both were given away to friends). Both are damn good ukes!

Pete

Congrats Bill, can't wait to see the picks and/or video! Enjoy!

Congratulations Bill! The 2K is a wise choice, though I am sure the mahogany model would be too.

I seem to recall that Corvette owners had some sort of loosely structured informal "club" just by virtue of owning one (or more). I wonder if that is true for Martin ukulele owners. :)

Tony

William, congratulations. Those 2ks are each so different in style, wood grain, etc. I own two modern 2Ks and they look stunningly different. Can't wait to see your photos. Aloha to the Granite State, my favorite state.

Congratulations Bill. There's something about that koa sound that just sings!

Congratulations on the new (to you) Martin 2k Uke.

Congrats! As Stan says "pictures, or it didn't happen". LOL

While we wait excitedly for Bill's info and new photos, I snapped a couple shots of my circa 2012-2013 Martin Koa Style 2s just to show everyone the amazing difference in the Koa. Check this out. Even the headstocks are different! Yet they are both modern Nazareth-made Martin Style 2s. Go figure!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I don't, but I have to be all-inclusive/encyclopedic in my collection. Lol.

It's like in the American schools: "No child left behind". Lol.

It's ok, you're among friends, we're all afflicted with this ukulele hoarding syndrome to one degree or another... The first step is admitting you can't wait for the next one to arrive, and are too fearful of regret to part with what you already have acquired! LOL! :p

Top Bottom