is this worth the money???

Go check it out.My local luthier could stabilize that crack for less than $75. If it plays well, go for it!

It all depends on how it sounds, and what you want. Personally, I prefer the sound of more recent Kamaka ukes. They've made improvements over the years.

Sounds like a good deal. Probably found in the closet of a family members house they're clearing out. I'm sure it won't last on CL very long. If it's an early hard case, it alone could be worth more than 200.

That is a good price. Go check it out.

I respectfully disagree with older Kamaka ukes not sounding as good as modern Kamaka ukes. Honestly, not many improvements have been made in ukulele building in the last 100 years. The basics are the same...light build, thin soundboard, not over-braced...Nunez, Santo, and Dias all were aware of this.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat if that were here in L.A. I like 'em old.

For $150, YES I'd have already had it and at that price, I may have even sent it to Kamaka for repair. What????????? You haven't grabbed it yet? I never even wanted a Kamaka soprano until I had one. Got a pristine white label for $199, but don't expect to find another one in that condition for that price.

Top Bottom