NBUD: Mystery Bari(?) Banjo Uke

Captain Simian

Reaction score
I just got this banjo uke today and I was wondering if anyone here might know what it is. It appears to be all hand made, 19" scale, neck, and resonator appear to be flamed maple, no idea of the fretboard material, and a zero nut. After removing the resonator I highly suspect this could be a homemade instrument because of the big block on the coordinator bar that the resonator mounts to. It actually sounds and play great. Odd thing is it plays in tuner even though the bridge placement is a little shy of 19". Thanks in advance for your help.

IMG_6338_zpsyako1tlo.jpg

IMG_6339_zpsya0fekmd.jpg

IMG_6341_zpsoff3c0el.jpg

IMG_6343_zps01wkhayi.jpg

Nope. I couldn't figure out what the last name was on back. Thanks!

Ooh, I like that. I'm a sucker for 19"ers. What kind of strings are on it? What's the tuning?

Do you me asking where you found it and how much it is worth?

I like that too. How did you find it? I'm imagining mystery yard sale or goodwill trip with a hidden treasure/surprise!

I found it at a Music Go Round in Missouri. Right now it's in re-entrant C and I haven't the foggiest idea what the strings are. I suspect nylon but they're a little heavy. I ordered some Aquila Lava bari C strings. I may also do a tuner upgrade when I'm restringing her. The ones on it are a little cheesy and don't seem to handle the string tension well.

Top Bottom