PDA

View Full Version : Bass Section

edmundwhitehead
03-09-2008, 01:38 AM
I've recently noticed more and more bass players that double up on the uke. It seems that there's something irresistable about playing such as small, high instrument when you've been playing a massive, low hulk of an instrument.

Anyways, I don't mean for you guys to turn this site into a guitar site, but considering the fact that you already have guitar threads, it might be a good idea to consider making a bass one.

And by the way, check this out: http://www.largesound.com/ashboryarticle/concept/ukulele/

Jimmy
03-09-2008, 03:52 AM
Aye, I play the bass as well.

Generally, I imagine, a lot of people who play the ukulele will be fairly musical, and will play other instruments. For example, I play the violin primarily, and then bass and ukulele. Perhaps a general musician forum would be more appropriate?

Oh, and bass ukuleles look horrendous. I'll stick to my Yamaha, danke schön.

NotoriousMOK
03-09-2008, 11:11 AM
How about something like 'accompaniment instruments' to cover any non-uke instrument? I believe this would keep the site focused, while still providing a section to cover these other instruments.

Ian Boys
03-09-2008, 05:22 PM
I like the general music forum idea: I play cello, uke, and bass (hmm... something about fours strings, maybe...), and wouldn't mind having an area to talk about other instrument-related stuff.

uber_goober
03-10-2008, 07:48 AM
I play a bit of bass (actually, 8 string guitar, but that covers bass range), so I wouldn't mind a section on "other" instruments. Though I wouldn't want to dilute the focus of the site.

If you're looking for bass discussion, you should take a look at www.talkbass.com (http://www.talkbass.com)

-John

Iain
03-10-2008, 12:36 PM
I concur, been playing bass for nearly 4 years and would love a dedicated section.

seth
03-23-2008, 04:27 PM
I have to agree with the Bass Section :)

dannyboy
03-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Ive been a bass player for 2 years. It would be great if we can have a bass section.