WTT Digital Recording System for concert uke

deschutestrout

Reaction score
I hope I'm not violating any Marketplace rules. If I am, moderators feel free to kill this thread.

I've recently upgraded my recording system and have a GREAT, complete system I'm selling/trading.

Boss BR-8 with case, power supply, manual, external zip drive, and disks. 8 track with 64 virtual tracks. Recorder has been upgraded to 250mb drive. I used this to record my latest CD and it did a fabulous job. If you want to hear samples, go to iTunes and search for Mark Malefyt. First One Out the Door is the CD.

I'm looking to get $200 for this system, and would entertain a trade for a concert uke of comparable value. Let me know what you have!

boss1.jpg
boss2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mark,

I found your CD also on CD Baby, https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmalefyt and it sounds great. I like your music a lot.

For those folks wanting to avoid the iPad or computer for recording, this is a great unit.

This type of multitrack recorder was a sort of bridge between the older 4-track cassette home recorders, and other forms of computer-based recording. With all of the accessories included (case, external ZIP drive [is it a USB drive?] and a bunch of extra ZIP drive disks [easily reformatted and re-usable]) this is a great package deal.

Were I not already quite happy with my own recording setup, I'd definitely be interested in this item.

Good luck with the sale/trade! :)

Booli

Thanks Booli! And thanks for the feedback on my CD! Yes, this is a great system. I had many musician / recording friends listen to my CD and ask "who recorded this?!?" They were all very impressed with the recording quality this system produces.

With all of the accessories included (case, external ZIP drive [is it a USB drive?] and a bunch of extra ZIP drive disks [easily reformatted and re-usable]) this is a great package deal.

Were I not already quite happy with my own recording setup, I'd definitely be interested in this item.

Good luck with the sale/trade! :)

Booli

Yes, this is a USB external zip drive. This is a pretty slick system that produces excellent recordings! Thanks again for your feedback Booli! Buy my CD :) (I know ... shameless self-promotion :cool:

Bumpity bump! Still available! If you've been thinking of recording CD quality stuff ... this set up will do it! If you have a uke collecting dust ... here's your chance to swap. I'd consider tenors as well ... put primarily interested in concerts. Merry Christmas!

What kind of environment would you need for this? Does it have to be somewhat soundproof or will the equipment help in adjusting to it's surroundings?

What kind of environment would you need for this? Does it have to be somewhat soundproof or will the equipment help in adjusting to it's surroundings?

As with most "home recording studios" it definitely helps to have a quiet room to put this in. Quality recording mics pick up even subtle sounds .... so, you'll get the best results in a quiet room. And I use a "pop filter" screen in front of my mics (inexpensive, but helpful) that helps eliminate P's from popping, and other noises that arise from singing and playing.

If you want to record yourself, and ONLY yourself without any background noise, you need either a very quiet place or a soundproof room or vocal booth. Many times the best place for this in the home is inside of a closet filled with clothes. The stuff in the closet will dampen most ambient external noise.

For the opposite, i.e., a more 'lively' space, you can go into a tiled bathroom and enjoy the natural reverb of ths sound as it bounces off the tile and other reflective surfaces.

Keep in mind that reverb can be added later, post-recording, but a barking dog, crying baby, cel phone alert, honking trucks, A/C, heater vents are VERY difficult, if not impossible to completely remove post-recording (even with the best software).

The above holds true no matter if you use expensive or cheap mics, or omni-directional or cardioid mics. If you want the ONLY sound in the recordings to be the intended sound, then you need a 'dead' and quiet space in which to record, no matter if you use this Boss recorder or anything else.

Hope this helps. :shaka:

Top Bottom