FS: KoAloha KCM-00

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjdejd

Reaction score
SOLD- KoAloha concert built in 2002. Bought two years ago, I’m the second owner. Just got a LoPrinzi concert for Christmas. Uke is in very good condition, new Worth strings no marks or dents. Asking $495 shipped in conus.

Attachments

• K1.jpg
    K1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 102
  • K2.jpg
    K2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 97
  • K3.jpg
    K3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 148
  • K4.jpg
    K4.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 111
  • K5.jpg
    K5.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
This one would have the ONE PIECE top and back. Somebody is going to get an excellent deal on this uke!

Last edited:
Sweet deal! I have one of similar "vintage" and it's a canon! If I didn't already have one of these ... I'd snatch this up. That's a very good price! Good luck with the sale!

Wow, what a sweetie, and at a great price too. Merry Christmas somebody.

It looks like about the time you bought this you were asking questions here. Were they about this uke? If so,
1) It looks like it has the original tuners now. Did you swap them off, then back on, or leave them on the whole time?
2) I don't see the strap peg. Did you remove it? What did you do with the hole?
3) Did you replace the nut (or have it replaced), modify it, or leave it alone?

Finally, the uke looks much more red than the pics I see of other KCM-00s. But I have no idea what they looked like new in 2002. Are the pics reasonably accurate, or is the red saturation a little jacked?

Thanks--

It looks like about the time you bought this you were asking questions here. Were they about this uke? If so,
1) It looks like it has the original tuners now. Did you swap them off, then back on, or leave them on the whole time?
2) I don't see the strap peg. Did you remove it? What did you do with the hole?
3) Did you replace the nut (or have it replaced), modify it, or leave it alone?

Finally, the uke looks much more red than the pics I see of other KCM-00s. But I have no idea what they looked like new in 2002. Are the pics reasonably accurate, or is the red saturation a little jacked?

Thanks--

They were two different uke's. The one with the strap button was a Craigslist ad from the Michigan area. I bought this uke from the NY area. I contacted KoAloha regarding the tuners and they said to use a little lite oil if needed. I never did, they are not that tight. I exercised them when I changed the strings.Regarding the nut, I got a tip from the luthier section and added a small piece of black paper when i changed the strings. It's in there pretty tight and I don't see any future problems.The color is a rich golden koa. I had the light on above the table when I took the photo's.

Last edited:
They were two different uke's. <snip>

Thanks for the really fast, and complete reply.

Ok everyone, I really wasn't looking for this uke, but now I'm really interested. Would someone please buy this before Sat morning so I don't have to make a decision?

Ok everyone, I really wasn't looking for this uke, but now I'm really interested. Would someone please buy this before Sat morning so I don't have to make a decision?

better grab it, Rick, quit torturing yourself, or kicking yourself for missing out on a great deal...:shaka:

Thanks for the really fast, and complete reply.

I have a friend who has been looking for a KoAloha concert ukulele and may be interested in this one (she'd prefer a pickup), but I won't be able to show her this thread until Saturday afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the great comments. The uke is in great condition. Glad many of you realize that the price is very reasonable. I was going to go the proverbial start at $550 and work my way down, but decided to price it to sell. I got a new LoPrinzi and figured someone would enjoy this one for a great Christmas gift. Merry Christmas to all.

I have a friend who has been looking for a KoAloha concert ukulele and may be interested in this one (she'd prefer a pickup), but I won't be able to show her this thread until Saturday afternoon. Fingers crossed.

The perfect Christmas present! Look forward to hearing from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom