Merry Christmas!

Down Up Dick

Reaction score
Well, I'm in my music room this chilly morning with Jumpin' Jim's "Ukulele Christmas" and singing my old, wrinkled heart out.

Between my Asmatic coughing and many sips of water, it's still going somewhat smoothly (for me). Also, I'm having some trouble changing chords because I haven't been ukin' much lately. I'm trying to improve my Clawhammer banjo, but I chose the uke to sing with.

If you're not into Christmas yet, you oughtta get yourself somethin' good ta drink and maybe a cookie or two and start bangin' out the good ol' Christmas songs. Maybe it'll get you into this joyous time.

So, are ya into it yet? Only nine days left ta get yer voice into shape, if you're goin' to a party. Are you planning that? Or at least sing with your family?

Well, whatever you do, have a nice time and a very Merry Christmas. :eek:ld:

Merry Christmas Dick. Yes, I've been playing and singing the Christmas songs now for a couple of weeks. Actually, I think that I started on Thanksgiving day. I've been trying to play along with the vinyl as well. Me and Barbara Streisand, we make a great team, and I did a Christmas song jam with some other musician friends last week. One thing that I learned recently, and I also think that someone on UU mentioned it at one time, is that playing the melody, when it goes below C, too low for the re-entrant tuning, you can just throw in an appropriate chord and it sounds just fine. I found that to work very well with Christmas songs. Anyway, thanks for the post and the Christmas spirit. I told my kids that when he comes home for Christmas, that I have a big surprise for them. I'm looking forward to making them sing Christmas songs before I let them open presents. I think that my daughter has it figured out, but it is still going to be a great surprise for my son.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas. Going to uke club tonight, all holiday music with carols!

I've had the Christmas music playing since before Thanksgiving also (Pandora's great for that!). And this year I decided to volunteer with the Salvation Army Christmas Angel Trees, so I've been keeping busy.

As often happens this time of year, last night was an impromptu get-together dinner of four--with two friends flying in from different places, one of whom no longer lives in town. We're regrouping for a Christmas performance Sunday followed by a celebration for another friend's birthday. In between I do have that holiday party on Saturday you mentioned. :)

I've been sooo busy I haven't made time to play the uke!

Thank you for this post, and the reminder for play--in all its forms. I wish everyone a most joyous holiday season!

Merry Christmas!

On Sunday December 6, members of the San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion caroled at Pier 1 on the Embarcadero at San Francisco's waterfront, not far from the ferry Building. On Sunday December 13, I was part of a ukulele group of friends who sang Christmas carols at a rehabilitation facility for seniors in San Francisco's NoPa neighborhood. And on Sunday December 20, I'll be joining friends to play ukulele and carol in San Francisco's Tenderloin District during lunch at St. Anthony's, which provides meals for homeless people. On December 25, I'll be participating again in a program that brings approximately 100 carolers and musicians to the Veterans Administration Hospital in Palo Alto.

I hope whatever people have planned for the holidays, you all have a wonderful holiday season and a happy and healthy new year!

Here's a link to a video of the SFUR singing "Happy Christmas (War is Over)" on December 6.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwQ31bt8x84

Merry Christmas! We had our ukulele club strum on Tuesday, playing songs of the season. It was my favorite club gathering to date.

Playin' holiday songs since Thanksgiving, not a day before! LOL.... Loads of playing in downtown Reston with NVUS for the folks shopping. Even playing lead and solo on some this year :) Been practicing The Snowman song "Walking in the Air". I forget it every year an have to relearn it! But it comes easy. A very Merry Christmas to you all here on the UU and my heart goes out to those having a rough one this year. Take care y'all!

Happy Holidays y'all!
TBUS had a Christmas Party and Jam Session last weekend.
We ate like hogs (OINK) then jammed for almost 3 hours. We had a crazy hat contest, the gal that won wore a wreath on her head.
And all this without any booze.
Thanks to all of you who play for those who are sick or shut in.
Tomorrow is another TBUS Christmas jam session.
Thursday some of us play at an ALF.
Friday Tammy and I go to play at the Dances of Universal Peace 3.5 hours away.
Saturday after that is a housewarming party for the Mungos, an Ukulele band.
Whew!

Top Bottom