NUD: Factory ordered Martin C1K arrives early.

ukuleleden

Reaction score
What seemed like a long wait that was supposed to be even longer, a pleasant surprise occurred last night. I received an e-mail from my local Martin dealer that the C1K arrived earlier than expected. This was even more surprising as I was told the delivery was pushed back later into January. I was ok with that becuase I wanted one fresh from the factory and was willing to wait rather than to take one from store stock/display.

So this morning I took the drive over and picked up the C1K still sealed in the factory Martin box, just the way I asked.

I got it home and unboxed it seeing and hearing it for the first time, I was a bit apprehensive, but that immediately turned to smiles with a big "Yes!". The chance to wait for the factory uke paid off with the confirmation of a quick tune to play it long enough for the stretching strings to need a re-tune. Unlike my T1K, this C1K's action is nicely set and needs no lowering or other adjustments or attention. Intonation: spot on!, Frets: nicely dressed! As soon as the strings settle in some, I'll do some comparitive sound samples between the two... But my first impression of the 1 series Concert Koa is it has a nice loud and bright/clean tone and that really rings out sweetly!

Here are the pics of the T1K and C1K side-by-side:

View attachment 86570View attachment 86572View attachment 86573View attachment 86574

Congrats, Den!

I brought my 2k concert to our Ukulele Christmas jam here in Ottawa two days ago (Dec. 16) and a guy came up to me with a C1K! He exchanged ukes and he wanted to know the difference so he started playing mine. He was VERY happy with his purchase because he thought they sounded the same. I was impressed by the C1K as well. Great uke to have!

Pete

Thanks Pete! Your great advice to wait it out certainly proved exactly right! You must have influenced the Martin final assembly and shipping departments to pick up the pace!:D

The silky smooth thin satin finish really makes these 1 series very appealing to me and definitely adds to the nice tone coming from the body. That's great that you and the other fellow at the Christmas jam were able to compare each other's 1 and 2 series Martin Concerts. This C1K is certainly a keeper, but it hasn't yet quashed my yearning for a 2K concert. But with the 3-series cherry soprano on-order now, that will have to wait.

Dang! You lucky dawg. Congrats!

Wish I still had my C1K had contact with the guy who bought it and told him if he wanted to sell it, I'd buy it back, he said don't hold your breath!

Wow you have a great looking pair...............of Martins :eek: Congratulations and enjoy.

Wish I still had my C1K had contact with the guy who bought it and told him if he wanted to sell it, I'd buy it back, he said don't hold your breath!

Yeah, I know that feeling of letting a good instrument get away and wanting it back and can't get it. I made a promise to myself I won't make those mistakes again if I can help it...

Wow you have a great looking pair...............of Martins :eek: Congratulations and enjoy.

Hey stop looking there, oh, :) .... Thanks, yes, I agree they are better then most I have seen lately. Sound is nice too!

Congratulations Den, great choice mate!

Thanks Campbell. PeteyHoudini (Pete) was the idea giver for doing the factory order vs. store stock. Glad he said that, and glad I listened!

Top Bottom