FS Anakoneke Custom Bocote/Blue Spruce Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
SOLD: Anakoneke Custom Bocote/Blue Spruce Tenor

For sale is an Anakoneke custom tenor of incredibly figured book-matched Bocote! It also has rare Bear-Claw Blue-Spruce top combined with a stunning Ziricote fretboard and matching Ziricote Bridge. Honduran Mahogany hand-carved neck, bone nut and saddle, Peghed geared tuners, book-matched Bocote head plate with Anakoneke orchid inlay logo, Ebony top bindings and heel cap, and an Ebony rosette! The finish is nice oil finish. It's nicely constructed, well crafted. Comes with a hard black case.

The uke is 'as new' condition, received from Toni. I am the first owner. Note being hand made there are some tiny maker’s marks on the uke.

This soundboard is extra special! You rarely see normal Blue Spruce let alone Blue Spruce which has Bears-Claw figure in it. If you look close you can see the grayish-blue on the edges of this piece. This hue is from the large iron nails which held the logs together while going down-stream.

The neck has a comfortable profile at just the right thickness (more on the thinner side than her earlier ukes). This uke is an easy player with a 1.5" width at the nut. Its tone is warm, clear, and balanced.

It is strung with Oasis Warm Strings and an Aquila low-G which gives it a deep, rich tone, and a loud voice. Here is a sound sample: https://app.box.com/s/i9b84tfw7v2nk8kugjshf5fb7v5l3926

Anakoneke ukes are made by Antonette (Toni) Maloon in San Francisco.

Sorry to let it go, but I must trim a few ukes.
SOLD. Thank you.

P1070606_zpsw6q94xfm.jpg

d17a41f6-b93e-498a-83b3-490b11a2c3f9_zps46vizq2k.jpg

P1070385_zpsp9xagqeo.jpg

P1070384_zpsuwvmfiiq.jpg

Last edited:
Wow ... stunner. Very nice! Good Luck with it, Hodge.

PM sent on the Bocote bear claw tenor!

Gee Hodge, the proverbial ink was hardly dry on your for sale post, and it's sold already! Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom