anyone ever play a 6 string mando guitar or 6 string guitarbanjo

uketanzon

Reaction score
these instruments fascinate me. the goldtone 6 and 12 string guitar mandolins and the 6 string banjo guitar. get the unigue sound and still use guitar chords. i know one of these is in my future.....not sure which one yet.

any feedback is appreciated....

these instruments fascinate me. the goldtone 6 and 12 string guitar mandolins and the 6 string banjo guitar. get the unigue sound and still use guitar chords. i know one of these is in my future.....not sure which one yet.

any feedback is appreciated....

Long time past I bought a 6-string banjo with view to using my existing guitar skills and not having to bother to learn anything new ... ended up playing "guitar music" that sounded "wrong" 'cos it wasn't on a guitar!

Eventual conclusion : A lot of the "banjo sound" is down to the style of playing ... a style that is, in part at least, defined by the re-entrant or drone string on the conventional 5-string banjo ... a style that is very difficult to emulate on an instrument strung and tuned like a guitar.

Eventually I bit the proverbial bullet, bought a 5-string banjo and spent time learning "how to do it properly". Now when I play banjo it sounds like a banjo ... played poorly, admittedly, but definitely not sounding like a "weird guitar"!

I've not tried a guitar mandolin ... for the time being I'm not tempted, but I can see the attraction for a competent guitar instrumentalist.

Top Bottom