Merry Christmas

Cassie

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just want to wish all of you a merry Christmas. What Christmas songs can you all play. I can do feliz navidad, up on the house top, silent night, angels we have heard on high and I can sort of do away in a manger. I'd love to hear some of you playing Christmas carols. I hope Santa brings all of you new ukes to ease your UAS.

Aloha Cassie, Seasons Greetings and
Happy Holidays to you and your family. ..may you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Happy Strummings too

Happy holidays! Some friends and I found a nice version of "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)," and I like to play that one. Here are the tabs for it:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS (WAR IS OVER)

Verses. There are two sets of chords/tabs for each verse, played consecutively.

The corresponding chords are G, Am, D, and G. The tabs incorporate suspended versions of the chords.
A-2--2--2--2-|-0--0--0--0-|-0--0--0--0--|-2--2--2--2|
E-3--2--5--3-|-0--0--0--0-|-3--2--0--2--|-3--2--5--3|
C-2--2--2--2-|-0--0--0--0-|-2--2--2--2--|-2--2--2--2|
G-0--0--0--0-|-2--1--4--2-|-2--2--2--2--|-0--0--0--0|

So this is Christmas
And what have you done
Another year over
A new one just begun

The corresponding chords are C, Dm, G, and C:
A-3--2--5--3-|-0--0--0--0-|-3--2--0--2--|-3--2--5--3|
E-0--0--0--0-|-1--0--3--1-|-3--3--3--3--|-0--0--0--0|
C-0--0--0--0-|-2--2--2--2-|-2--2--2--2--|-0--0--0--0|
G-0--0--0--0-|-2--2--2--2-|-0--0--0--0--|-0--0--0--0|

And so this is Christmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear ones
The old and the young

Chorus:
A merry merry [F] Christmas
And a happy New [G] Year
Let's hope it's a [Dm] good one [F]
Without any [C] fear [D7]

Verse 2 (use tabs)
And so happy Christmas
For weak and for strong
The rich and the poor ones
The road is so long

So happy Christmas
For black and for white
For yellow and red ones
Let's stop all the fight

[Chorus]

Verse 3 (use tabs)
And so this is Christmas
And what have we done
Another year over
And a new one just begun

And so this is Christmas
We hope you have fun
The near and the dear ones
The old and the young

[Chorus]

Outro (use first set of the verse tabs - G, Am, D, and G.

War is over if you want it
War is over now (repeat and fade)

Here are members of the San Francisco ukulele rebellion playing Happy Christmas (War Is Over). Some of us are playing the tabs, others are playing the corresponding chords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwQ31bt8x84

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to you and to all of our UU friends!!!

The Ukulele Band of Alabama performs around 25 or so Christmas songs. I have a few more that I can also do. People don't realize that the older carols and songs can be tricky to play - lots of chord changes and strange chords thrown in. Last year, UBA had a tough time working the music up. This year, we worked on it again and added a few tunes.

Merry Christmas to you Cassie, and to everyone here at the UU.

And thanks for the tabs Mark!

Last edited:
Mahalo for all your nice wishes. I'm bery happy with the one i have now. I haven't had UAS again since I got this one. I'm seriously thinking of bringing my little uke with me to my grandma's n playing for them. I didn't get a chance to go caroling but I might get a chance to sing a few songs with little Kalea when I go to grandma's house.

I can do do O come O come emanuel, Silent night, God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen, What Child is this? Lo how a Rose ere blooming
I kinda do. Angels we have heard on high
I would like to do and will work on O Holy Night, The rest of Jesu Joy of Mans desiring, The Holly and the Ivory, and Good Christian Men Rejoyce.
Merry Christmas to you Cassie, and all on the Forum.

Hi guys, I just want to wish all of you a merry Christmas. What Christmas songs can you all play. I can do feliz navidad, up on the house top, silent night, angels we have heard on high and I can sort of do away in a manger. I'd love to hear some of you playing Christmas carols. I hope Santa brings all of you new ukes to ease your UAS.

Silent Night was written specifically for a guitar. Story goes the mice had destroyed the bellows in Franz Schubert's church and in haste to make sure there was msic for the Chritmas eve service he wrote Silent Night to be played on guitar.

A very Happy Christmas to Y'all!
ipad-christmas-ukulele-wallpaper (2).jpg

Hey guys! I have some exciting news! I might be doing another gig tonight. I just hope I can. I'm going to a dinner tonight and I want to bring my little kala. My cousin Lindsay wants me to bring it. I'm not sure if my mom will let me though.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of my UU friends.

Peace. Health. And Joy.

This year I (an atheist) organized an X-Mas song sing along for teachers and staff at our international school. We sang many standards including one of my favorites: "Grandma got run over by a reindeer". But the best part was when our new teacher from Trinidad (a Hare Krishna follower) suggested songs from her native land such as "Anita" sung by Scrunta. She went on to show us other very rhythmic Christmas music from the islands' various bands many of whom use the Venezuelan quatro.

...Christmas music from the islands' various bands many of whom use the Venezuelan quatro.

"Cuatro", you atheist! And Merry Christmas, Luke!

"Caroling", I guess you could call it, with Calypso bands using Cuatros is a very big deal in certain parts of the Caribbean and Caribbean Central American coast. As the holiday goes on for awhile (12 days in a lot of places), the partying, singing (with the sorrel drinks) go on night after night.

But here's that Ukulele classic from a different sort of "King".

Merry Christmas, y'all!

Merry X'mas to all ukulele fans!
Here is my CS and an easy Christmas song.

Merry Happy and Happy Merry. The CC Strummers I play with has a good list of Christmas songs, including a couple for Hanukkah (my tribe):

Deck the Halls
Don't be a Jerk, It's Christmas
Dreidel, Dreidel
Feliz Navidad
Hanukkah in Santa Monica
Jingle Bells
Mele Kalikimaka
Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Silent Night
Silver Bells
Simple Gifts
We Wish You a Merry Christmas