Learnt my first song on my new Ohta San!

TBB

TheBathBird
UU VIP
Reaction score
Unfortunately my ipad picked up the sound of the dog snoring much better than it did the the uke, so this really doesn't represent the true tone of the Ohta San. (It is however exactly what my dog sounds like.)

Also, I've only been learning this piece for two days, so apologies to Chief Noda for failing to do justice to his lovely arrangement!

Last edited:
You look extremely comfortable playing that beautiful Ohta San........you two were made for each other. I loved your playing, you are always so relaxed and you play with so much ease and grace. It sounded excellent, the Chef would be more than happy. Throughly enjoyed listening to that piece. Keep them coming.

You look extremely comfortable playing that beautiful Ohta San........you two were made for each other. I loved your playing, you are always so relaxed and you play with so much ease and grace. It sounded excellent, the Chef would be more than happy. Throughly enjoyed listening to that piece. Keep them coming.

I must admit I'm surprised at how good a fit the Kamaka felt from the word go, I was a little worried that I'd find it a bit of a stretch, but it really is a dream to play. And thank you so much for your kind words, I can't tell you how much I appreciate them :)

Beautiful Victoria. Sensitive, delicate. You have such an innate "feel" for music.
Really looking forward to hearing and seeing your playing develop.
i think you have a gift.

Jon, this means so much, thank you. I'm really looking forward to exploring what this uke has to offer.

Couldn't hear your dog, was he snoring in tune.....;)

Nicely played, nice sounding uke, enjoy. :)

Thank you very much :)

According to my trusty tuner our dogs bark in G# so, no, I don't think she was snoring in tune! Although she could snore in a completely different key...

Very nice! Well played and the Ohta-san sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! I'm really enjoying this uke, I didn't think anything could lure me away from my trusty soprano for long, but it turns out I was wrong!

Top Bottom