Teacher of the year

Ukulelerick9255

Reaction score
I know there is no one best teacher we all like our teachers or we wouldn't take lessons from them lol Just an opportunity for all of us to say thanks and Happy Hoildays to all those teachers who help us get better. Thanks Matt Dalbergh, you making learning fun.

Here's here to Matt as well. i attribute a Very large part of where I am at now with my playing as a direct result from his private teaching. I applaud all the uke teachers out there for helping spread the love but also for advancing the art of uke playing all over.

There are a lot of great teachers out there with online accessibility, so as a musical group we are very lucky. For me, I have to vote for Aldrine. I think they do a great job with UU+. His lessons are very well done and the song library offers a nice variety of genres for all skill levels.

This is a wonderful idea for a post. Thanks for starting it.

I will add another Matt to the mix. Matt Stead (Mattyukaholic). He has been terrific for me and has made me feel good about my progress and where I am headed. He works with kids so he has an extreme amount of patience.

Yayyyyy to the teachers who have the patience to try and teach this old dog new tricks.

I am grateful to all of the members here who, although they are not teachers by trade, give of their time and expertise to put up informative youtube videos and websites so the rest of us can learn.

I learn from you all, so thank you all for being my teachers. :)

I actually gave the leader of our classes and uke group, Cali Rose of The CC Strummers an acknowledgment in other thread yesterday, but I'll be glad to do so again.

This is a quote from Lori on that thread, "A good teacher will go through it slowly the first time, and address any helpful tips for making the fingering efficient, and any special strum patterns. The second time through the song, still playing slowly, and the instructor possibly calling out instructions for the tricky parts." Which is what Cali does to a tee.

Cali also has a great sense of humor, which makes our twice a week classes so much fun to attend. Her personal attention and her devotion also creates an atmosphere of camaraderie, especially with the twice a year pot luck parties she throws.

Last edited:
I am grateful to all of the members here who, although they are not teachers by trade, give of their time and expertise to put up informative youtube videos and websites so the rest of us can learn.

Extremely well put. I will also add my thanks to those who share.

Thank you Michael. We are all teachers and students our our classes and learning from each other! We are very lucky indeed.

I wish I could carry Stuart Fuchs and Aldrine and Sarah Maisel and Craig Chee around with me!

Craig Chee is a terrific teacher be it in person or via Skype. His instructions are clear, he is super positive and often throws in a follow up video after the lesson.

My thanks go to Sarah Maisel. I've been her student for about 2 years. Always positive. Willing to push, but not so hard that I lose the will to learn. She gives me play along videos to work on between lessons. She has also done personalized chord melody arrangements for me of music I want to play. We work on my repertoire as well as hers. I feel better about my playing after every lesson, always.

Top Bottom