Strumming patterns for practice

sijon

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently submitted a post for some picking patterns and mentioned I might submit one for strumming also. Well, here they are. (see attached images).
:) Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSCN8868.jpg
    DSCN8868.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCN8869.jpg
    DSCN8869.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN8870.jpg
    DSCN8870.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN8871.jpg
    DSCN8871.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN8872.jpg
    DSCN8872.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 43
Say what?!

Not sure what all those black squiggly lines mean ;-) Could you explain a little bit for those who can't read music sheets?

Mahalo

Not sure what all those black squiggly lines mean ;-) Could you explain a little bit for those who can't read music sheets?
If you're talking about the squiggly lines between the notes those are rests...periods of time where no note sounds (not even the one you played before it).

More specifically, its a quarter rest. Like a quarter note, but instead of noise there is silence. It usually takes up one beat. It takes up one beat in these images because it is in 4,4 time signature.

What about some simplification for those of us with no musical theory training. UP Up down chump down up down up oops broke a nail what was that rhythm again - sort of thing.!

Day 8 of Uke ownership - I can find 6 or seven chords. Can play them almost cleanly and jump stutteringly toward each with changes that are lengthy leaps of faith rather than destiny. But can I hold a rhythm? Nope. Six months from now I might - only might mind you - have mildly amusing simple tunes in my repertoire.

Till then any exercises that can give me some rhythm practice is my immediate search

Till then any exercises that can give me some rhythm practice is my immediate search

@BarbaryBill
Just in case you don't already know this: There is a great page at ezfolk with strumming pattern exercises: Click. They come even with sound samples, which is a great idea especially for beginners, I think.

You'll also find tons of lessons for strumming at YouTube.

@sijon
Thanks for the strumming patterns! That's great!

Top Bottom