Behringer Ultacoustic

plunker

Reaction score
I am considering an amp for my tenor (has apick up) Money is an object. I was considering a Behringer Ultacoustic. I don't want to go so cheap as to waste my money any ideas on this amp or any other suggestions.

I use a small Behringer Acoustic at home for practices. It has a mike jack, headphone connection and CD jack. No frills amplification (15 watts I think) just volume, high, mid and low adjustments. I think I paid $85 for it delivered brand new. It's very basic but serves all my simple needs for amplification while practicing at home.

Disclaimer: I don't know much about amps, but I am shopping for one.

I have found several in the $80-$150 price range. Others with knowledge of amps will chime in, but I think a major question is what you want to achieve. Two ukulele players on one amp? One ukulele and one microphone? Acoustic? Rock? Practice? Busking? Performance?

$150; Acoustic A20, 8" speaker, 20 Watt, 2 inputs, Chorus, Reverb, 120 v. not battery powered

$100; Behringer UltraAcoustic Amp, 8" speaker, 15 Watt, 2 inputs, 120 v. not battery powered

$100; Fender Acoustasonic, 6" speaker, 15 Watt, 2 inputs, Chorus, 120 v. not battery powered

$110; Jay Turser Classic 10 Practice Amp, 6.5" speaker, 10 Watt, Battery or wall power

$100; Kustom PA-50, two 4.5" speakers, 50 Watt, 3 inputs, 120 v. not battery powered

$100; Line 6 Spider IV, 8" speaker, 15 Watt, Tremelo-Reverb+edit FX, 120 v. not battery powered

$80; Marshall MG10F, 6.5" speaker, 10 Watt, 120 v. not battery powered

$100; Orange Crush, 6" speaker, 12 Watt, 120 v. not battery powered

$90; Pignose Amp, 5" speaker, 5 Watt, Battery or wall power

$120; Vox Mini3 G2, 5" speaker, 3 Watts, 2 inputs, Amp Models, Chorus-Tremelo, Reverb, Battery or wall power

At the $100 price point I'd go with the kustom. I have one and I rEALLY LIKE IT. i ALSO HAVE A fISHMAN MINI, , but paid about $260 for it. the kustom is really versitle , has 3 inputs , with treble and bass and separate volume, one is an 1/8 inch jack, I play my computer and phone music/ even my tv if i 'm watching something musical. and 50 watts, look how much power the others have. It is a little light on the bass, but ukes don't have much anyway, and you can add a sub., it has an out for one. only thing I don't like are the controls are on the back, but I would get another one in a heartbeat. For a whole band, you could get 2 and a sub and fill a pretty large space. they also have a stand mount.

Thanks, These are all single speaker amps. How much nore di I get with awoofwe and tweter on an amp. I guess this si more money but is hat more desirable. Appliction. Home practice right now.

Thanks, These are all single speaker amps. How much nore di I get with awoofwe and tweter on an amp. I guess this si more money but is hat more desirable. Appliction. Home practice right now.
the kustom is a PA and has 3 speakers. you don'r need much of a woofer with a uke.

$100; Kustom PA-50, two 4.5" speakers, 50 Watt, 3 inputs, 120 v. not battery powered

I went with this one based solely on forum recommendations and I couldn't be more pleased. In fact my son has it connected to his electronic drumset and it doesn't look like he wants to return it so there may be another in my future. OK Im just looking for an excuse to buy another one since they can easily be linked together and if needed there is also an output for a sub woofer.

I went with this one based solely on forum recommendations and I couldn't be more pleased. In fact my son has it connected to his electronic drumset and it doesn't look like he wants to return it so there may be another in my future. OK Im just looking for an excuse to buy another one since they can easily be linked together and if needed there is also an output for a sub woofer.
it has a tweeter too

That Kustom looks sweet for $100 - too bad it doesn't have reverb. If you plan to sing through it, I would HIGHLY recommend one that offers reverb ... at least on the vocal / xlr channel. When gigging, we ALWAYS add a bit of reverb to the vocals, otherwise it sounds like you're singing in a box. But, for $100 ... that Kustom looks hard to beat. And, although I've never tried one ... you can get a reverb pedal for around $50.

I am very pleased with my Kustom PA-50. Perfect for in home practice or group leading. Good luck with your search.
Joe

That Kustom looks sweet for $100 - too bad it doesn't have reverb. If you plan to sing through it, I would HIGHLY recommend one that offers reverb ... at least on the vocal / xlr channel. When gigging, we ALWAYS add a bit of reverb to the vocals, otherwise it sounds like you're singing in a box. But, for $100 ... that Kustom looks hard to beat. And, although I've never tried one ... you can get a reverb pedal for around $50.

I'm somewhat invested in the iRig system so I play through my iPad and can add effects at that stage. I agree that a little bit of reverb is a good thing.

Following this thread with interest since I just got a uke with a pickup. I don't want to sink a lot of $$$'s into more stuff either, just want something for leading a group. That Kustom seems like the ticket to me!

kustom regularly goes on sale for 79.99 at guitar center. thats when igot mine. i will hook an ampeg ba108 up to the subwoofer for my digital piano to fill out the range. the kustom is just a touch on the harsh side.

kustom regularly goes on sale for 79.99 at guitar center. thats when igot mine. i will hook an ampeg ba108 up to the subwoofer for my digital piano to fill out the range. the kustom is just a touch on the harsh side.
depends a lot on your pickup. my Loprinzi with a misi sounds great through it with no effects. not harsh at all. a piano has a much larger range so you are going to need a sub for better lows

depends a lot on your pickup. my Loprinzi with a misi sounds great through it with no effects. not harsh at all. a piano has a much larger range so you are going to need a sub for better lows

The range of a ukulele and voice does fine on the pa50. Adding in the small bass amp as a sub works well enough that the pa50 isn't entirely just a one trick pony. I hook in a casio px150.

Top Bottom