Planet waves humidipack for ukulele?

M3Ukulele

Reaction score
I use oasis humidifiers for my ukuleles but going away for a month and can't do refills. Anyone try the planet waves humidipack system in their ukuleles? I have tenors and this system is for guitar....as it adds or removes moisture it should work fine for ukuleles? Just not sure how wide the pouch is?
Comments!
Thanks

Surprised nobody has tried it. I'm off to local guitar mega store tomorrow with measurements and will post results if I think system will fit.

What uke are you taking to Mexico with you?

I use those packs and they work great! They don't go inside the uke, they reside in little pouches ... I put velcro on the pouch and a couple small tabs in my case where I want the pouch. Or, just toss the pouch in your case. When they harden, throw them out and replace. Slick.

The Pono AT is going for the trip. Took Ohau case to West Jet and they said 98% it will get on in overhead. The 2% is if DOT happens to be on flight!(g). The Humidipacks system is to keep the KoAloha tenor and Moodyville tenor all hydrated. I looked at the videos and Deschetestrout is correct, pouches just need to be in the case if they don't fit sound hole. With pouches adding or taking out humidity and lasting 2-6 months seems like a good investment. Hope I can find two sets in town! Good insurance when I can't be there to refill Oasis.

Elderly sells them ... and you can buy refill packs of 3 pouches, I believe ... make sure you reseal the refill packs or put them in a tightly sealed ziplock or they'll slowly harden.

I use them....they are pretty good but they don't last forever. You have to still monitor. Also if you are in a really dry area and your case doesn't have great circulation you might have to use a pack with over 60% humidity. Takes some trial and error.

Top Bottom