WTB: Bluegrass Ukulele / Tom Guy Tenor Cigar Box

deric000

Reaction score
Looking for a Tom Guy Tenor / 'Bluegrass Ukulele'
Prefer 'Cigar Box', but also interested in the standard figure 8 'Traditional' series.
Open to any, and all, 'Bluegrass' offers.
Thanks!
Eric

Last edited:
Hi Eric,
Bluegrass Ukulele's by Tom Guy Sr. and his son -Tom, are incredible instruments. and worthy of your search.
I purchased five or six from them when they where still building, and gifted them to friends to get them to appreciate how good a cigar box ukulele can be.
My recent search of a few months back, to once again own one of his fine instruments - landed me two! , a wonderful Concert that I originally purchased from Tom (and now purchased back! ) , and a beautiful Tenor.
Here is a link to Tom Guy's own photos he put on photobucket :
http://s265.photobucket.com/user/bluegrassukes/library/?sort=6&page=2
and a pic of mine- Good Luck with your search! EdTom Guy Ukuleles front view 1.jpgtom guy ukuleles back view 1.jpg

Your private message box is full. Make some space and I will send you info on a Black Bear Tenor cigar box ukulele. Its the only Black Bear Tenor black bear ever made.

Hi Eric,
Bluegrass Ukulele's by Tom Guy Sr. and his son -Tom, are incredible instruments. and worthy of your search.
I purchased five or six from them when they where still building, and gifted them to friends to get them to appreciate how good a cigar box ukulele can be.
My recent search of a few months back, to once again own one of his fine instruments - landed me two! , a wonderful Concert that I originally purchased from Tom (and now purchased back! ) , and a beautiful Tenor.
Here is a link to Tom Guy's own photos he put on photobucket :
http://s265.photobucket.com/user/bluegrassukes/library/?sort=6&page=2
and a pic of mine- Good Luck with your search! EdView attachment 86838View attachment 86839

Hi Ed,
Not just one, but two ... you're doing something right.
Really appreciate the link to Tom Guy's photos.
Thanks again,
Eric

Your private message box is full. Make some space and I will send you info on a Black Bear Tenor cigar box ukulele. Its the only Black Bear Tenor black bear ever made.

As requested, space available.
Thanks!

Hi Eric,
In your search for a Tom Guy Bluegrass ukulele, besides Tom's instruments, other builders also did them - like this one Kamaka built.
Edcigarbox3b.jpg1-whole.jpg1-neck.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom