We be Jammin'

Still Water Weapons

Reaction score
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and plenty of productive or lazy time off. I had both.
I had a wonderful Christmas morning, mostly because I have a 16 year old daughter and I'm sure many of you have or had one of them and are aware of how independent they are and how little time for Dad they have. I was getting her a Hadean Bass Uke and she knew it was coming. This is a picture of us jamming out some Christmas tunes, she was plugged in and was dominating the session, but that's OK. We had a great time. Gonna do now, it's getting dusty in here or something.
PS I'm the one with the mustache... HAHAHA

That is fabulous but I was tricked into thinking it was a youtube video, kept trying to find the play button :p

Very cool that yoir daughter plays a uke and ambass uke none the less..........tre-awesome. Congratulations on having the the foresight to buy yoir daughter a gift she will treasure for a long time to come.

Thanks for sharing and being a dad myself I completely understamd about the "dust" in the house and how it can make your eyes water.

I forgot to mention, her main instrument is the Cello, a couple months ago she saw a u-bass in the store and she picked it up and plucked around on it and really liked it and was like "Hey, this is in my clef!" (Instant gift idea!) ;)

Oh believe me, you don't want to hear the video version, not the part with me playing in it at least! HAHAHA

That's great. Thanks for sharing that pic and story. Here is one of my kids and I with their new Ukes and my new cheaply travel bag.

image.jpg

Great story! Reminds me of when my boys were teenagers, you savor every moment that they consent to spend with you. Now years later, they seem to seek me out a bit more Evan though we live a days driving away.

Haha, yeah, "consent to spend with you" that's pretty much the nail on the head! She's a great kid, excellent grades, musical, behaves for the most part. Just miss when she was a little one! Great to see her turning into a good adult too though.

Very nice. Being that I started playing bass uke about a year ago mainly because they're small and manageable (see my signature for how into them I am), I suggest she switch the strings on that Rondo to Road Toad Pahoehoe, which are much smoother than the Thunderguts provided by Rondo (though the Pahoehoe do take a long time to settle in).

Thanks for the tip Mike! Yes I noticed how many you had while I was considering the brand. The Kala is just a whole lotta money. I said "if KohanMike has them, they must be good!" ;)

How great of you to encourage her and get her that bass! Cello, bass, she sounds like a wonderful young lady!

Way to go! Looks like she has a very bright future ahead of her. Steve Boisen has been encouraging his daughter Amanda for years, and she's turned into a very talented singer/songwriter.
They used to be called the Barnkickers.

Top Bottom