FS 1930's-40's Harmony soprano - nice but needs a little work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

river_driver

Reaction score
PRICE DROP - see below:

This was an antique store rescue - I didn't want it for myself, but I know what it is, and see the potential in it, and knew I could re-home it to someone who would appreciate it!

This is a 1930's (maybe) or 1940's (most likely) Harmony soprano, probably all solid birch, in green with the "canoe and palm trees" graphic.

IMG_0175.jpgIMG_0176.jpgIMG_0174.jpgIMG_0182.jpg

More pics in the following posts!

Last edited:
More pics...

IMG_0181.jpgIMG_0183.jpg

Original tuners. Pre-sharktooth-type. The white stuff on the back of the headstock appears to be masking tape residue.

IMG_0178.jpg

Flush fretboard. This (along with the headstock shape, and oval Harmony logo) leads me to believe it's from the early 1940's. The build details are identical to a Silvertone (Harmony) I have that is a WWII rationed materials model.

IMG_0177.jpg

and the bad news...

IMG_0179.jpgIMG_0180.jpg

The body needs to be re-glued. Not really the worst news ever, as everything else seems to be sound - no cracks, bridge and nut aren't split, neck looks straight. It's just really dirty, and the seams have given way over time.

I am asking $60, which includes shipping in the USA. Payment by Paypal is fine. PRICE DROPPED TO $50 shipped

Feel free to ask questions, and I can try to add some more pictures if there are any details you'd like to see.

Last edited:
This is so awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom