FS Larrivee UT-40-MC Cedar/Mahogany Tenor Ukulele + case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
For sale: Cedar and mahogany Larrivee tenor, nearly new, and in "like new" condition. This is the only cedar top Larrivee tenor uke I have seen so far. Cedar adds some nice warmth to the sound. Less than a month old. It's light, thinner bodied (2.62" depth), with a comfortable neck, and great setup for easy fretting. Fit and finish are as good as it gets. It's a nice player.

Latest sound sample Oasis Brights + Fremont Soloist low g. This string combo sounds the best to me so far.
Here’s a sound sample with this string configuration. https://app.box.com/s/h9cpyehtxdfpr66ewp2i9xstqetegnuj

Selling to reduce my number of ukes. But I wouldn't mind keeping it, too.
No longer available for sale

Here’s all the specs:
  • Solid Cedar Top
  • Solid Mahogany Back & Sides
  • Mahogany Neck
  • Ebony Fingerboard & Bridge
  • Inlayed bone border on bridge.
  • Maple binding on Body and Fingerboard
  • Ebony Headplate with Inlayed “Larrivee” shell Logo
  • Marquetry Rope Rosette & Top Purfling
  • Bone nut & saddle
  • Grover Open Back, Engraved, Geared Tuners
  • MOP top fret markers, black side markers
  • Made in California, USA
  • Finish: Satin
  • Bracing Pattern: Bridge Plate/3 Fan/Tonebars
  • 1-13/32" Nut Width
  • 17" Scale Length
  • Body Depth: 2.62"
  • Custom-fitted, Softshell (hard foam) Case
  • Condition: Like New condition

Pics are before I changed out the strings.
P1070571_zpssu5wwb2z.jpg

P1070577_zpsty5zfoiq.jpg

P1070576_zpswkqn3xjd.jpg

P1070574_zpsezjwonuv.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great Hodge. DuD is a big fan of Larrivee. Good luck with it.

I have a Larrivee soprano and am very impressed with the craftsmanship (without flaw), tone (very full, great resonance), playability (excellent) and aesthetics. While have not personally met a tenor yet, my understanding is they are similarly impressive. Somebody will be very happy with this!

Good luck with the sale and congrats to whomever grabs it!

Hodge that is a really lovely sounding instrument, I mean really, really lovely. I had a preconceived idea that the Titanium strings would not do this instrument justice but I was so wrong.

That is one of the nicest sounding instruments at well under a thounsand dollars I have ever heard. Can you tell I like it, I'm safe from temptation at the moment........but :rolleyes: . Good luck, someone will be getting a great deal on a keeper.

Thanks guys. It is one of the top production ukes out there, IMHO.

The Titanium strings really do seem to suit it well, both linear & re-entrant (surprised me too). They have a lot of clarity and crispness, with nice resonance on this instrument. Here's a sound sample in re-entrant.
https://app.box.com/s/nhm4es3g1m35hme98wfsgeid7mygx9pb

But, I do wonder how Oasis brights might sound on this tenor.

Hi Hodge. I am surprised to see you selling this one. I also have purchased one of the new Larrivee concerts, mine being all mahogany. I changed out the titaniums for my usual Seaquar clear fluorocarbon strings and I am very impressed with the sound it puts out. My best comparison instruments are a pair of Collings tenors and the Larrivee stands up well against them in volume, tone, and sustain. So, I am not likely to be parting with mine for a while...I think!!!

Good luck with your sale...Someone will be getting a great deal.

Hodge,
Maintain the herd! Any interest in MyaMoe: #819, myrtle, tradition, Sept 2012, I think I am the third or fourth owner of this one. I also have a Compass Rose, 2nd owner, pretty much as new, but don't think you would like the neck on it and would not be roughly a straight across trade and the cash would have to come my way.

Hodge,
Maintain the herd! Any interest in MyaMoe: #819, myrtle, tradition, Sept 2012, I think I am the third or fourth owner of this one. I also have a Compass Rose, 2nd owner, pretty much as new, but don't think you would like the neck on it and would not be roughly a straight across trade and the cash would have to come my way.

Believe me I am maintaining the herd. My custom Koa Works tenor arrived just before Christmas. Thanks for the offers but I've already got an awesome flamed cherry Compass Rose and a Classic myrtle MyaMoe.

Hi Hodge. I am surprised to see you selling this one. I also have purchased one of the new Larrivee concerts, mine being all mahogany. I changed out the titaniums for my usual Seaquar clear fluorocarbon strings and I am very impressed with the sound it puts out. My best comparison instruments are a pair of Collings tenors and the Larrivee stands up well against them in volume, tone, and sustain. So, I am not likely to be parting with mine for a while...I think!!!

Good luck with your sale...Someone will be getting a great deal.
Hi Tim, You're right, I probably shouldn't be selling this one. It is a great sounding & playing tenor. But, I've added too many excellent ukes added this month. The trouble in trying to reduce my number of ukes is that hard decisions have to be made. So I figure I'll sell it before I get attached to it.

Hodge,

I just want to say I think it is awesome and hilarious that you can reject a trade offer of two different ukes because you essentially already have them. You are truly my idol and hero and I applaud your awesomeness.

Hodge,

I just want to say I think it is awesome and hilarious that you can reject a trade offer of two different ukes because you essentially already have them. You are truly my idol and hero and I applaud your awesomeness.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I recently purchased a spruce rosewood concert Larrivee, and the quality and sound is amazing for the price. I echo what everyone is saying here, this uke will make someone very happy!

Hodge ... this is one fabulous sounding Uke!

I really like the Oasis brights on it, and if I didn't have a cedar top Tenor already ... I would snap it up!!!

Hodge ... this is one fabulous sounding Uke!

I really like the Oasis brights on it, and if I didn't have a cedar top Tenor already ... I would snap it up!!!

Thanks Simon. It really does have a great tone, with more of a classic uke punch than sounding like a small guitar. And Larrivee's build is as flawless as I have seen, by anyone.

If you've never had the pleasure of dealing with this man, what are you waiting for? A class act from a class act. Take the plunge.

This is a very good deal from a reputable seller. I have a Larrivee tenor on order and if Larrivee doesn't ship it before too long, I might just get this one...!!!

Congratulations on the koa works, Rich moved to the big island 3 years ago...from kaneohe happy strummings :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom