What did you get for Christmas?

Cassie

Reaction score
Hey guys, Happy new year! What did you get for Christmas. I got a hard case for my little kala, an Ipad, some pajamas, a new toothbrush and some chocolates my sister made me. I even got a new Casio keyboard. I can send you a link to a recording I made with it in my dropbox. This recording is directly from the Casio to my laptop using a mic jack on my laptop and the output jack on my Casio Let me know if you would like to hear it. I will be gone this weekend but when I get back, I'll set it up. I'd like to hear some of the things that you all got.

We had a nice peaceful day. No iPad, but a hot air popcorn popper, manicure and pedicure kit, a new computer mouse, and some makeup.
Tammy has a bug, but the best thing is, I was off so I could tend to her.

I did get a ukulele related gift - a Bugs Gear concert Aqualele. Already loving it! Nickie, we have had a bug going around our house as well.

A bunch of clothes, iPad Pro, picture frame, bowl, cookbook, a bunch of miscellaneous stocking stuffers and a Pono Baritone Nui...which was an early Christmas gift :)

For Hanukkah I got myself a bass uke that I'm modifying into a tribute of the first solid body electric bass created in the 1930s/40s by Paul Tutmarc for his company AudioVox.

Tutmarc Rondo mod 700.jpg

Also not for Christmas, but I bought myself a new Kala KA-8 eight string on Christmas Eve. It's high gloss and beautiful! I traded my Ohana Sixer in for it. I never really liked the Ohana. I tuned the eighter to gG Cc EE GG, and I'm gonna try a slide with it.

I don't have a bug or anything, but I'm old . . . :eek:ld:

Also not for Christmas, but I bought myself a new Kala KA-8 eight string on Christmas Eve. It's high gloss and beautiful! I traded my Ohana Sixer in for it. I never really liked the Ohana. I tuned the eighter to gG Cc EE GG, and I'm gonna try a slide with it.

I don't have a bug or anything, but I'm old . . . :eek:ld:

Sweet. I bet that will sound cool.

For Hanukkah I got myself a bass uke that I'm modifying into a tribute of the first solid body electric bass created in the 1930s/40s by Paul Tutmarc for his company AudioVox.

Tutmarc Rondo mod 700.jpg

That thing is mean looking. Very cool.

Ukulele related gifts were a couple of Uke themed sweatshirts. I'm stylin' and profilin'!

Scooter

bought myself a craigslist islander MT4 (hog tenor lam) and also one of those mxl990 mics that was on sale for 50usd before christmas.

I'm lad you all had such a nice Christmas. I'm glad all of you got treated for your uas with new ukes. That's awesome! I'm still very happy with my little Kala.

Nothing new on the ukulele front, my wife commissioned a local artist to do a drawing of our children, which I had to leave in the US until I get it framed . . .

While I was over there, I picked up some music written on actual dead trees:
1. Understanding Ukulele Chords (van Renesse)
2. The Romantic Ukulele (Mizen)
3. 20 Celtic Fingerstyle Uke Tunes (MacKillop)
4. The Uke Buke...Learn to Play Slack Key Style 'Ukulele (Nelson)

Non-Uke:
5. The Oxford Book of Carols
6. Barenreiter Urtext Bach Editions of:
a. Inventions and Sinfonia
b. Well-Tempered Clavier (I and II)

For some reason, I now have a copy of Britten's "Ceremony of Carols" that I don't remember ordering, doesn't appear on my invoice, but my Parental Mail Drop insists was in the package with the OBC. Not that I'm complaining . . .

No uke stuff this X-mas. Already have all the musical gifts I need. hehe

As a uke player, we all have our little quirks, sweet culinary madnesses as well... etc... lol

My friend gave me 40 packages of "French's mushroom gravy" for X-mas. She knows I like it, as I am vegetarian. Haven't made it to a level 2 vegan status yet. hehe ;-)
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/frenchs-mushroom-gravy-mix/6000098328215

I'm just nuts about this salt master gravy. lol

Vive 2016! hehe

Petey

Top Bottom