A Ukulele, Fun, and the Rim of a Volcano---Hawaii?

UkieOkie

Reaction score
image.jpg

Nope! New Mexico!

Mt. Capulan, New Mexico.

After a failed attempt to hike the road last year in a blizzard, we returned to conquer the beast.(at least that's how my eight year old sees it.) The weather was much nicer this year and my son brought his new Christmas present. It is a Caramel Zebrawood laminate concert that looks, sounds and plays great, and most importantly he loves it and plays it all of the time.

Capulan is an extinct volcano in a beautiful area of north eastern New Mexico. We went down into the crater and then hiked the whole rim. Fun was had by all. :)

Happy New Year everyone.

Trevor

What a great picture. Happy New Year!

What a great picture and a fabulous outing. It is wonderful that your son loves his uke so much would bring it along with him. That is a picture he will look back on many years from now with fond memories. Thanks very much for sharing I really enjoyed it.

Looked like an awesome time! When I first read the thread title, I thought of the Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan movie "Joe vs. The Volcano".

Outdoor adventures are the best, that's why we love traveling in our RV. Having a Uke along is a must!

Cool! I might have to check that out sometime, I travel up I-25 through that area a couple times a year.

Thank you all. Danno, its a beautiful area. If you get a chance and have the time leave from Capulan and go to Folsom a few miles away. Then drive the back way to Black Mesa in the tip of the oklahoma panhandle. You go down the highway that runs along the dru Cimarron River. It is a stunning drive and we saw around 150 turkeys and probably 70 mule deer. Also probably 30 antelope. It really was a great trip.

Top Bottom