WTB: All laminate or solid top Kala or ohana tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwk1977

Reaction score
Looking to buy a laminate tenor or a cheaper solid top. I live in Colorado and just don't want to deal with Humidifing another instrument. Let me know what you have.

Jason

Jason, I don't have a uke to offer you that matches the brands you want, but I have heard that a solid top (laminate b & s) ukulele still needs humidification. This came from a very reputable seller, in an email: "The top is the main part affected because it has the tension on it and is the only part that gets any real stress. So just as important as an all solid." I also heard (on a video) another well-known seller say that a solid top does not need it. (I also read, on a UU forum - http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/archive/index.php/t-84307.html - that a laminate could need humidification for the [solid] neck.) So based on all that, you might want to avoid the solid top for peace of mind.

I have a laminate Ohana tenor for sale. See the link in my sig for details and PM me if interested.

Jason, I don't have a uke to offer you that matches the brands you want, but I have heard that a solid top (laminate b & s) ukulele still needs humidification. This came from a very reputable seller, in an email: "The top is the main part affected because it has the tension on it and is the only part that gets any real stress. So just as important as an all solid." I also heard (on a video) another well-known seller say that a solid top does not need it. (I also read, on a UU forum - http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/archive/index.php/t-84307.html - that a laminate could need humidification for the [solid] neck.) So based on all that, you might want to avoid the solid top for peace of mind.

Thanks for the info. I agree an all laminate would probably be best. But for a few hundred bucks and if it lasts several years a solid top is not out of the running.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom