Hey Vintage Uke Enthusiasts

Kyle23

Reaction score
Hey Vintage Uke Enthusiasts (Martin?)

Hey guys, it's been far too long since I've posted. Glad to be back. Anyways, I need some help on this uke I found on craigslist. Seems as if this person isn't even sure if it's a Martin or not judging by the title of the ad. Does anyone know anything about this uke and if this is a good deal or not? It's in my town and I never see anything worth looking at from my city on there, so this caught my eye -

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/msg/5308105589.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I don't think I've ever seen a Martin where the neck directly meets with the body.

Last edited:
It does not look like one to me. I wonder what that other stamp says (can see the last few letters in the upper right hand of the sound hole photo)?

It does not look like one to me. I wonder what that other stamp says (can see the last few letters in the upper right hand of the sound hole photo)?

Ahhhhh good question. I didn't even see that.

Certainly does not look to be a Martin build. No fingerboard, squarish bridge shape, heel shape, single binding on body front...........this does not indicate Martin despite the ink stamp inside. However if it's in good condition, plays well and you like it by all means negotiate a price and enjoy!

Absolutely, 100% certain it is not a Martin. Google vintage Martin soprano and look at the images. Among other things, in virtually every picture you can clearly see the middle back brace with the stamp through the sound hole. Not so in the Craigslist pics.

You can find a much better non-Martin vintage Uke for $200, imp.

Scooter

Not a Martin. That back wood looks like birch. For that matter, the soundboard looks like birch too. Did Martin ever build ukes with anything other than mahogany and koa?

Also, the "Martin" stamp looks inked, and badly. Do I remember correctly that real Martin stamps were heat branded?

If it's in playable condition, it might be a $75 uke on a good day.

I didn't even open the link and I agree with my peers below. They say it's not a Nartin, it's not a Nartin.

Welcome back, Kyle123

Thought I found a gem haha, maybe next time. I literally know nothing about old Martins, but I know a little bit more now.

Top Bottom