FS: Kiwaya KTS-7 Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-mace

Reaction score
What: Solid Honduran Mahogany Kiwaya KTS-7 soprano ukulele. Modeled after the Martin 3M. Includes Oahu hardshell case.

Condition: Really really great condition. I cannot even see strum marks.

Setup: Great action (IMO). No buzzing. Spot on intonation at the 12th fret.

Sound: Listen to some George Elmes youtube videos. IMO, it sounds just like his.

Price: $769 ($300 below new price) shipped via USPS in the US.

Trades: Maybe....looking for Koaloha Pineapple soprano or longneck soprano or a high end baritone. Feel free to PM me if you have one for sale also.

IMG_2910.jpgIMG_2908.jpgIMG_2907.jpgIMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2912.jpgIMG_2913.jpgTwo more pics...One thing I forgot to mention about these Kiwayas is how smooth they are. The fretboard edges feel rounded kinda like a new USA Strat neck feels. The headstock edges are also rounded which is a little different from the Martins.

Awesome deal. David is great to deal with. The Honduran mahogany that Kiwaya specifies in this model- the 7- as opposed to the lesser adorned Kiwaya models has been praised by numerous luthiers on this site and others as being the superior tone wood when it comes to mahogany. I'm rifling through my dwindling collection searching for a suitable trade offer...

The Honduran mahogany that Kiwaya specifies in this model- the 7- as opposed to the lesser adorned Kiwaya models has been praised by numerous luthiers on this site and others as being the superior tone wood when it comes to mahogany.

Thanks Matt...Forgot to mention, it looks like the body has a one piece top and back.

Sold! Found just what I was looking for. Thanks UU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom