The last Barron River Ukulele from 2015

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
I strung this one up on New Years Eve and have been letting it settle in before the final set up. All done now and ready to ship out to it's new owner.

Made from Tasmanian Blackheart Sassafras and an Ancient Spruce soundboard. Compound radius on the fret board that's made from Indian Rosewood. Beefwood bindings (another Australian hardwood). Gotoh UPT machine heads. They are very nice to use BTW.

Blackheart Sassafras and Ancient Spruce Concert-3.jpgBlackheart Sassafras and Ancient Spruce Concert-8.jpgBlackheart Sassafras and Ancient Spruce Concert-10.jpgBlackheart Sassafras and Ancient Spruce Concert-13.jpgBlackheart Sassafras and Ancient Spruce Concert-12.jpg

Allen, thanks so much for posting in this section so us non-luthiers get a chance to see it. Certainly is gorgeous, all the colors go extremely well together and I love the rosette, brilliant as usual.

The binding is striking and so are the tuner buttons, did you make those? I agree with you on the UPTs, have them on three of my ukes and they are great

Gorgeous! I'm not generally a fan on the ancient spruce, but that combination really works.

One of your instruments is definitely on my list for 2016! Am also tempted by your April SC class, but not sure I can make the dates line up.....

What a beautiful instrument. Thank you for posting so I can at least dream......

Allen, thanks so much for posting in this section so us non-luthiers get a chance to see it. Certainly is gorgeous, all the colors go extremely well together and I love the rosette, brilliant as usual.

The binding is striking and so are the tuner buttons, did you make those? I agree with you on the UPTs, have them on three of my ukes and they are great

No, the tuner buttons are just one of the many options that you get with Gotoh. The client and I both like them for the complimentary colors to the bindings.

Top Bottom