Kamoa 700 series - where'd they go?

andylama

Reaction score
This page is still on their website, but not linked from any of the menus:

http://kamoaukulelecompany.com/ukuleles.php?sid=45

I'd love to get one of these beauties in a crazy color like green, blue, or purple, but I don't know if they are even still available, even though they were supposedly new for 2012.

I was also interested in their E3-EVOLVE steel-string electric, but that appears to be gone from their website altogether.

Anyone have any insights about this series or this company?

I assume you searched on the Web...
I found an Evolve reviewed by Brad Bordessa, and found one listed on Uke Republic and on Reverb.

When I spearheaded a UU group buy a couple of years ago of an archtop electric uke direct from the manufacturer in China, East-Start ($165 each for an order of 20, a single one was $400), they told me their Alida model is the Komoa Evolve. When I contacted Kamoa at that time, the owner said the Evolve is special order only for $700. I'm sure if you want one, East-Start will do it, but their quality control is limited, they certainly are not worth $700, and it might take a few months or more.

http://www.east-start.com/products/...bw-all-solid-tenor-electric-jazz-ukulele.html

If you want an Alida, I have one I'll let go. Is the ES330 Gibson look alike. Been completely gone over and set up. Intonation is pretty spot on. Comes with a checkered case. PM me if interested.

The 700 series has been replaced by the 500 Series which have maple b/s but with a Euro spruce top and a mahogany neck. Lots of gorgeous colors like red burst, green burst, etc.
Heres a brand new model to debut later this year. The combo is Euro spruce/ovangkol and will be less than 500 series

The 700 series has been replaced by the 500 Series which have maple b/s but with a Euro spruce top and a mahogany neck. Lots of gorgeous colors like red burst, green burst, etc.
Heres a brand new model to debut later this year. The combo is Euro spruce/ovangkol and will be less than 500 series

Thanks for the info, Uke Republic!

I see on your website a gorgeous E3 Evolve DLX in purple, "coming soon"...it has said that for quite some time now...are they REALLY coming soon? Will this be a big NAMM announcement?
...because I want one exactly like the one in your picture.

Kamoa, like KoAloha, really should get on the ball with their website maintenance. Kamoa doesn't even show that you can get the 500's in Green Burst finish--you have to somehow just KNOW that they are available in that finish. Odd, since it looks so good, you'd think they'd want to showcase that fact.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info, Uke Republic!

I see on your website a gorgeous E3 Evolve DLX in purple, "coming soon"...it has said that for quite some time now...are they REALLY coming soon? Will this be a big NAMM announcement?
...because I want one exactly like the one in your picture.

Kamoa, like KoAloha, really should get on the ball with their website maintenance. Kamoa doesn't even show that you can get the 500's in Green Burst finish--you have to somehow just KNOW that they are available in that finish. Odd, since it looks so good, you'd think they'd want to showcase that fact.

Thanks!

Ahhh yes, we have been expecting these for a bit. We have sold out of these before they list as we have quite a few customers in line to get them.
I don't expect a big announcement on the Evolves as Sam keeps the production of these small, should be around 30 made for 2016. I wish they could make 300! :)

I want the exact one in your picture SO BAD!
I love my Risa LP, but there's something badass about a semi-hollowbody in a hotrod purple finish. :)

I just talked to a guy who evidently knows someone at Kamoa, and he echoed what you just said: 25-30 units in 2016.
To be more specific, he said "it's intended, but not inked on our production schedule at this time".
In other words, "yes, but don't hold your breath waiting for it"
Ok, fine, I'll wait...

...but they really should pay more attention to their own website; it's not representing them as well as it could.
Doubly so for KoAloha. I don't even understand what's going on there. A world-class maker with a sock puppet website?! WTH?

I must have misunderstood what uke you were talking about, I thought it was this one.

archtop style.jpg

I must have misunderstood what uke you were talking about, I thought it was this one.

archtop style.jpg

Looks like Kamoa historically offered a few different designs under the same name. It is confusing.
I'm talking to a dealer in CA who says he can get one, but I suspect its new-old stock, and not the DLX model with the nicer pickups. Waiting to see a picture from him.

That DLOoks very sweet.

With the out of date site, I thought Kamoa was out of business.

I think they have nice stuff and will look into their Ukes.

Top Bottom