UPSP says delivered. But no show.

Ukettante

Reaction score
Ordered a clip-on tuner and several music/uke books from Amazon. Supposed to ship in three boxes. USPS says they were all delivered Jan 2 around 5 p.m. So far I got only one box, which arrived Jan 4 afternoon. Where are the other two?

I've read somewhere that sometimes USPS will record something as delivered, but the package won't show up until a day or two later. Just for my peace of mind, can someone here confirm that? Has this happen to anyone here?

I've read somewhere that sometimes USPS will record something as delivered, but the package won't show up until a day or two later. Just for my peace of mind, can someone here confirm that? Has this happen to anyone here?

This happens to me ALL. THE. TIME!!! Mail delivery on my street is beyond spotty. USPS Tracking often shows either "delivered" (but I won't get the item for another day or two), or "unable to deliver/notice left" (because nobody was home, which is a lie since I work from home and no notice is ever left).

If your items don't turn up, call Amazon (888) 280-4331 - there has been one or two times that my stuff has gone missing entirely, and each time they've sent a replacement. One time the original shipment showed up some two weeks later, and they told me to just keep it, no charge - probably cheaper than paying for return shipping :)

Good luck!

Thanks for easing my anxiety, Janeray!

Hopefully the other two boxes will arrive tomorrow. Or the day after. Or the day after that. Haha.

You might also check with your neighbors. Recently USPS delivered a package to my neighbor across the street. Fortunately, his porch is fairly well hidden and my neighbor brought it over to me.

Yes, I can also verify that USPS are often lying scum. The carriers scan an item as delivered when they don't care to drop it off, or do the fake attempted delivery scam so that you have to go get the package from the 9th circle of hell because they don't want to be bothered carrying it to the door, or forgot to load it on the truck.

I have bills that never show up so I am forced to do billpay online, and also have stuff delivered to the street behind me that has the same address and unit # but on a different street. I had to exchange phone numbers with the guy and we trade mail with distressing frequency. I hate that I lose so many bills with account numbers and my name and address on them! Not to mention late fees!

Also the carrier I have shoves my magazines into the mail box letter slot, instead of tossing them into a box on the porch that I have pointed out to him and which has MAGAZINES printed on it, and which is right next to the letter box. So he's always ripping up my magazines, so now I only take 3.

Most carriers are busy yakking on their phones or listening to music, so they are barely paying any attention to your mail, except when they are covering stuff up.

Definitely happens to me often. Not only does the regular carrier do it, I always know when there's a substitute carrier because the mail comes much earlier and there's very little, but the day the regular carrier is back, the mail is much later and the box is jammed full because the sub just puts aside most of the mail for the regular person to deal with.

Delivery Confirmation will say it is delivered , but it doesnt mean it was delivered to the correct address. I just lost a package that way.
My Post Person checked and said she is never near my house at the time it was delivered , so either I was scammed by the person sending it ( maybe they put the wrong address
on an empty package ? ) or the person who sorted it , made a mistake ? I think I was scammed. So , the Mail Person of today doesn't bother to check addresses on letters and packages
They leave it to the sorter back at the post office.

Last edited:
I live in a small town where mail delivery is pretty good, but not at the same time every day. It is usually delivered in the late afternoon, except on Saturdays when Alabama has a big game, then it is amazingly delivered much sooner. LOL.

Because of the small town, if something doesn't show that is supposed to show, I will call our one and only post office (great folks) and ask them about the item. They have been very good to either hold it, or call the mail carrier and have them bring it to me.

Just want to add, it is not the norm here for the carriers to mark something as delivered and it not be there. I've never had that happen, but again, small town living makes things different.

We get other people's mail all the time. A sign in our mailbox has our names on it, but it didn't work. A lot of the postal workers are vets, and that usually means they have PTSD.

I asked my carrier the other day why mail to a specific tenant goes into my mailbox when there's no apartment number. He said they don't pay any attention to the name, only the address and if there's no apartment number, it goes in the managers mailbox.

I asked my carrier the other day why mail to a specific tenant goes into my mailbox when there's no apartment number. He said they don't pay any attention to the name, only the address and if there's no apartment number, it goes in the managers mailbox.

Similarly, I've been told that the mail carriers are FORBIDDEN from reading anything posted on a mailbox - i.e. my desperate plea to "please put mail for (my last name) only" note. I live in a duplex and I'm constantly getting the family next door's mail and it makes me a little crazy due to the staggering amount of junk mail they receive!

First world problems, I know, I know...

I have had things stolen from my porch in the past, so I also have a UPS Store box - all packages and really important stuff goes there, and is signed for. Things have arrived late, but nothing is ever missing more than a day or two.

If I really, really have a problem, well... my younger brother is a USPS Postal Inspector. I've only played that card once, when I was shipping him something fragile from a San Jose post office. The clerk said That's fragile; you really should insure it for full value". I replied that the addressee "... is a USPS Postal Inspector, and if it shows up in less than optimal condition, he will take care of finding out why.".

The glassware got there in two days, in perfect shape.

-Kurt​

You can always call your mailmans station and injuire, im sure they will tell you to wait a few days.

Thanks to everyone for commiserating with me. Got me through the last two days.

I'm pleased and relieved to report the other two boxes arrived today. Whew!

Maybe I should quit the habit of tracking my packages from Amazon; spare myself of the anxiety. I otherwise would've been just thrilled to received the boxes!

If you're ok with ultimately just being financially compensated for the risk of the item being lost or damaged, then by all means ship the item. If it is an item that has significant sentimental value that cannot be replaced, you may want to rethink the risk. Delivery confirmation is now officially called USPS tracking. In my experience, it still isn't real time or always properly updated, however.

I may have shared this experience in another thread, but a few years back I shipped a collector gold coin via USPS registered mail (the most secure way to ship an item). The coin went missing at a mid-west sort facility. I waited the required time period to file the claim. I later learned that there were arrests made for grand larceny and collusion among several postal workers and a postal inspector for systematic thefts of registered mail parcels. I never learned if the gold collector coin I shipped was recovered as a result of their investigation, but after nearly 3 months time I was eventually fully compensated for the claim of the stolen coin.

Maybe I should quit the habit of tracking my packages from Amazon; spare myself of the anxiety. I otherwise would've been just thrilled to received the boxes!

YAY! :shaka:

did you go to tracking and did it say guaranteed delivery or confirmed delivery, if not wait a couple days..

I used to work for the USPS when I was in College during the Xmas holidays. That was more than 50 years ago and it sounds like postmen are no more enthusiastic about delivering parcels than they were then.

A lot of angst over a tuner and some books. I'm not directing this toward only the OP either, sometimes things just don't happed exactly like we want them too. That is the way life works.

Top Bottom