Any baritone only players?

Derecola

Reaction score
Just wondering if there was any Bartione only ukulele players? What kind of Baritones do you play? Post pics. I have a PONO PB as of now looking for a more high end Bari.

Why baritone only? I enjoy some other sizes too much to be baritone only. Currently my only baritone is an electric Blue Star Guitar Konablaster but I have a custom Ono baritone in the works.

I have a Pono Pro Classic RTSHC Spruce top ... it is wonderful ... I won't get another.

I have a Pono Pro Classic RTSHC Spruce top ... it is wonderful ... I won't get another.

Do you mean that Pono baritone is your only uke and you won't get another.......I am confused.......been to your house......ukes all over the place :confused:

I love baritone, but don't have one at the moment. However, this incredible quilted maple will be used in the Kinnard baritone that will be built a bit later this year. I can hardly wait!

Wow Eddie, That is one of the most incredible quilted maple I've ever seen.

Derecola, I play tenor and baritone. Mostly baritone when playing with our community players to help bring out the bottom end sound. Mine are '62 Martin, First Webber bari built and a Toby Chennell (Jazzboxukes) archtop with steel strings. I love my baritones... and umm my tenors; 2 wonderful Griffins and my Moore Bettah "Two Feathers".

I play baritone, but not exclusively. I have a Kamaka HF-4, a Kamaka HF-48 (8-string baritone), Mya Moe 4-string and 6-string baritones, and a Compass Rose steel string baritone. I also play tenor guitars tuned DGBE.

Kamaka baritone (koa) on the left, Compass Rose steel string baritone (spruce and rosewood) on the right.
attachment.php

My wife and I started 4 years ago exclusively with (Kala) baritones. She still sticks with her Mya Moe and Kala, but somewhere along the way I fell in love with the sound of my Boat Paddle tenor. To get that wonderful bass influence I use a wound low g. The two different size ukes work well together and gives us a lot of smiles in our daily music sessions. Don't limit yourself to one size...there's magic in them all, just waiting for you to find it.

Would love a HF-4

I play baritone, but not exclusively. I have a Kamaka HF-4, a Kamaka HF-48 (8-string baritone), Mya Moe 4-string and 6-string baritones, and a Compass Rose steel string baritone. I also play tenor guitars tuned DGBE.

Kamaka baritone (koa) on the left, Compass Rose steel string baritone (spruce and rosewood) on the right.
attachment.php

I am Baritone only. Started with a Makala, quickly moved to a BruceWei Acacia, almost a year ago I got a Pono Pro Classic, spruce and rosewood.

I play reentrant tuning and just play the uke literature and ignore the fact that it's a fifth low.

Recently, I've put the SouthCoast Liliu double reentrant on the BruceWei for strumming, and they are still stretching so I don't have an opinion on them yet.

I'm sitting here trying to remember where the Makala is - who did I loan that too?

Sopher

Top Bottom