PDA

View Full Version : May sound like a dumb question, but...

Russian_Dingo
04-04-2009, 03:58 PM
When you take off the strings of an ukulele are the saddle and nut supposed to loosen up too? I'm re-stringing my Mainland Ukulele right now and the nut and saddle came right off.

And how do I install a wound low-g string? And which side of the string goes where?

haole
04-04-2009, 04:31 PM
It's normal for the nut/saddle to come off when you take all the strings off. They're usually held in place by the string tension, although some makers use a little bit of glue. As long as you don't lose them, it's fine. :D

Putting a low G on shouldn't be any different than any other string. Shouldn't matter which end goes where, either.

haolejohn
04-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Looks like haole has answered this question satisfactory. Now let's see how many more tell you the same thing.

UKISOCIETY
04-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Looks like haole has answered this question satisfactory. Now let's see how many more tell you the same thing.

I agree with this. :D

FourChordWonder
04-04-2009, 04:43 PM
It's all about that high post count..

Seriously though, it's always nice to have reassurance so you know the answer is legit.

swervy jervy
04-04-2009, 04:47 PM
I disagree that UKI agreed.

generem
04-04-2009, 05:05 PM
It's normal for the nut/saddle to come off when you take all the strings off. They're usually held in place by the string tension, although some makers use a little bit of glue. As long as you don't lose them, it's fine.

Putting a low G on shouldn't be any different than any other string. Shouldn't matter which end goes where, either.

bbycrts
04-04-2009, 06:36 PM
It's normal for the nut/saddle to come off when you take all the strings off. They're usually held in place by the string tension, although some makers use a little bit of glue. As long as you don't lose them, it's fine.

salukulady
04-04-2009, 06:43 PM

JT_Ukes
04-04-2009, 06:47 PM

(I didn't want to be left out...)

JT

Oh and I dissagree that swervy jervy disagreed that UKI agreed...

JT

ukeatan
04-04-2009, 06:55 PM
It's highly irregular for the bridge/neck to come off when you put all the strings on. They're usually held in place by magic, although some makers use a little bit of deach. As long as you don't lose them, you're screwed.

yada yada ;)

Weasel
04-04-2009, 07:07 PM
So guess I am supposed to say...

It's highly irregular for the bridge/neck to come off when you put all the strings on. They're usually held in place by magic, although some makers use a little bit of deach. As long as you don't lose them, you're screwed.

Oh and I agree that swervy jervy agreed that UKI disagreed...

???

Oh, and (I wanted to be left out...)

Uke Republic
04-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Sometimes when you install the clutch your doohickey can loosen up the whatchamacallit and the thing a ma bob will need to be frunkled counter clone wise. Be cautious as the hmrtredderty are known to scumple.

ukeatan
04-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Yes, rumble deedum ga breimm ta phleps. Ka kakawed rre ginger snap tentre!! :D
Jirrupe stavel drimpy. I couldn't agree more.

swervy jervy
04-05-2009, 06:17 PM
And remember: you gotta be doing exactly 88 miles per hour for that drimpy to work.

Where you're going, you don't need roads.

JT_Ukes
04-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Now, while it is true that you need a properly calibrated flux capacitor, what is more important is that the harmonics of the whap-a-doodle is attuned to the frequency of the frapwacker, and if you loose (or lose) the bridge, al is lost.

JT

thejumpingflea
04-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Make sure the nut is Red and Deachy or it won't vibrate properly.

generem
04-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Wow... I dont know if this thread is still funny or just annoying...

Still Funny... :shaka:

buddhuu
04-06-2009, 01:27 AM
I like kittens.

HaileISela
04-06-2009, 02:34 AM
haha.

one little thing for your next string change: replacing the strings one by one should avoid the nut/saddle to go off and by that to keep those silly UUs from posting such a thread...;)

deach
04-06-2009, 02:37 AM
haha.

one little thing for your next string change: replacing the strings one by one should avoid the nut/saddle to go off and by that to keep those silly UUs from posting such a thread...;)

Quit being so helpful!

salukulady
04-06-2009, 04:37 AM
Quit being so helpful!
That's so annoying when we're trying to be humorous.......

HaileISela
04-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Quit being so helpful!

shame on me...

It's normal for the nut/saddle to come off when you take all the strings off. They're usually held in place by the string tension, although some makers use a little bit of glue. As long as you don't lose them, it's fine. :D

Putting a low G on shouldn't be any different than any other string. Shouldn't matter which end goes where, either...

:cheers:

T-UKEL
04-06-2009, 01:24 PM
this is seriously annoying now lol
i always check the new threads and the same thing keeps popping up

oh ya and..

Putting a low G on shouldn't be any different than any other string. Shouldn't matter which end goes where, either...

sukie
04-06-2009, 03:59 PM

ricdoug
04-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Let me add some wisdom to this thread:

Weasel
04-06-2009, 04:55 PM
WOAH!!! Too much wisdom!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

haolejohn
04-07-2009, 01:32 PM
I LOVE UU!!!! I have never gotten so much wisdom from a thread.

nikolo727
04-07-2009, 03:04 PM
let me explain it in terms that dumb people like me will understand:

in case you didnt understand I will gladly say it again:

It's normal for th........eagh.....im lazy.