May sound like a dumb question, but...

Russian_Dingo

Reaction score
Help Stringing

When you take off the strings of an ukulele are the saddle and nut supposed to loosen up too? I'm re-stringing my Mainland Ukulele right now and the nut and saddle came right off.

And how do I install a wound low-g string? And which side of the string goes where?

Last edited:
It's normal for the nut/saddle to come off when you take all the strings off. They're usually held in place by the string tension, although some makers use a little bit of glue. As long as you don't lose them, it's fine. :D

Putting a low G on shouldn't be any different than any other string. Shouldn't matter which end goes where, either.

It's all about that high post count..

Seriously though, it's always nice to have reassurance so you know the answer is legit.

It's normal for the nut/saddle to come off when you take all the strings off. They're usually held in place by the string tension, although some makers use a little bit of glue. As long as you don't lose them, it's fine.

Putting a low G on shouldn't be any different than any other string. Shouldn't matter which end goes where, either.

It's normal for the nut/saddle to come off when you take all the strings off. They're usually held in place by the string tension, although some makers use a little bit of glue. As long as you don't lose them, it's fine.

(I didn't want to be left out...)

JT

Oh and I dissagree that swervy jervy disagreed that UKI agreed...

JT

It's highly irregular for the bridge/neck to come off when you put all the strings on. They're usually held in place by magic, although some makers use a little bit of deach. As long as you don't lose them, you're screwed.

yada yada ;)

So guess I am supposed to say...

It's highly irregular for the bridge/neck to come off when you put all the strings on. They're usually held in place by magic, although some makers use a little bit of deach. As long as you don't lose them, you're screwed.

Oh and I agree that swervy jervy agreed that UKI disagreed...

???

Oh, and (I wanted to be left out...)

Yes, rumble deedum ga breimm ta phleps. Ka kakawed rre ginger snap tentre!! :D
Jirrupe stavel drimpy. I couldn't agree more.

And remember: you gotta be doing exactly 88 miles per hour for that drimpy to work.

Where you're going, you don't need roads.

Now, while it is true that you need a properly calibrated flux capacitor, what is more important is that the harmonics of the whap-a-doodle is attuned to the frequency of the frapwacker, and if you loose (or lose) the bridge, al is lost.

JT

Wow... I dont know if this thread is still funny or just annoying...

Still Funny... :shaka:

I like kittens.

haha.

one little thing for your next string change: replacing the strings one by one should avoid the nut/saddle to go off and by that to keep those silly UUs from posting such a thread...;)

Top Bottom