Concert to Baritone

lost4

Reaction score
Guys, Hello.
Few days ago I bought a concert ukulele in indonesia, in some small music store in the market, but quality looks very good. The size a little bit bigger than my old concert ukulele, it's bigger (may be for 3cm in height and wider in bottom for 1cm), I have a freak idea, to put baritone strings into it.
Could you advice me if it can be ok or it is a bad idea in advance? In my country it's a long story to find baritone strings, so, that's why i ask, if there's a sense to try or there's no sense in advance because of some principal moments.
Please, advice what you think! Thanks in advance.

The main thing is i don't search any benefit. Just i have one concert uke that sounds good, and now have the other, which sounds also good (for me, as just for non-proffesional player). Just want two different.
But the idea to buy a third one uke i like to =)).

Low G set! Sounds good! Thanks. If anybody has other idea, pls, write.

Low G set! Sounds good! Thanks. If anybody has other idea, pls, write.

I think a low G is the best idea. Alternatively, you could tune it in fifths (CDGA). I think Aquila makes a set specifically for this. Cuatro tuning is also interesting. Southcoast makes a set of strings for this.

Yes, low G. I don't think baritone strings would work. I have two concerts, and the bigger/heavier one is low G.

Top Bottom