New York Ukulele Festival????

Papa Tom

Reaction score
I read a post recently that mentioned "the 2016 New York Ukulele Festival." This sounds like a no-brainer as far as something I would like to attend, however, I can't find any information about it online.

Is this a trade show, where manufacturers show their lines, or is it a "concert" festival? Any additional info would be appreciated. Thanks!

its the ashokan ukulele festival in may. i am going.
basically in woodstock new york..catskill mts....ulster county......very beautiful.....
i have a second home there..

see
http://ashokan.org/uke-fest/

Last edited:
We went to the NY Uke Fest in Manhattan in 2011 as a vendor. It was full of workshops, and had lots of good performances in the evenings. And, of course there were vendors. It was held at the Alvin Ailey theater and they held it in early May that year, I believe.

–Lori

The Ashokan event doesn't look like what I've heard described here. It seems to be more of a ukulele jam sprinkled with some workshops. Cool idea, but not for me.

I was under the impression that it's more of a showcase for manufacturers of ukes and accessories, as described by Lori, above. The nyukefest.org website still has nothing but an apology that the 2014 event was cancelled.

What a mystery this is!

You could try contacting Ken "Bari" Murray - at one point he was the force behind the NY Uke Fest. His email info from a 2012 event page I found is kenbarimurray@gmail.com; if that doesn't work maybe try his website or his Facebook.
:agree:
Yes, Ken was the organizer of the NYC event. Many uke festivals are put on by ukulele enthusiasts/ performers that have outside distractions. That sometimes means that websites aren't updated, and that plans don't get finalized until late in the game. If you can talk to Ken, you will have all the answers for NYC Uke Fest.
–Lori

Top Bottom