Waverly Street Ukulele Owners Please

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
To all you Waverly Street ukulele owners out there, what string brand to you recommend as replacement for your soprano? Mine came with standard fluorocarbons but I was wondering about cleaning up the sound a bit especially the E string. I was considering Aquilas but want to hear what works for you people. Mahalo. ;)

Last edited:
To all you Waverly Street ukulele owners out there, what string brand to you recommend as replacement for your soprano? Mine came with his fluorocarbons but was wonder about cleaning up the sound a bit especially the E string. I was considering Aquilas but what to hear what works for you people. Mahalo. ;)

I own one and haven't a clue. Still have the original strings on it. I know that doesn't help, but there you go!

I use Aquilas on mine. I like Aquilas on a soprano because they make it loud. I've also tried martins and they eh...weren't so good.

Another vote for Aquila's, I own a long scale soprano and the original strings I did not care for but once I put the Aquila's on it sounds really nice.

I've tried a few and after shuffling some strings around on a few ukes have been pretty happy with the Fremont Blackline high tensions on the one I've got.

And right when I've been thinking about offering it up to some folks in our Ukulele Orchestra who badly need better instruments. It's complicating that decision immensely even though I know it would be for the common good.

Top Bottom