Scholarships for ukulele players?

TheNoseeums

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for information regarding potential scholarships for dedicated ukulele players? Im currently in a band, I play quite regularly, but im also a struggling college student going for his bachelor's degree. They both take up a lot of time in my life and are of equal importance to me.

IF anyone has any information or support I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

The only college scholarship I've come across was the Eleanor Higa Performing Arts Foundation Scholarship, but you'd have to be student volunteer at the Roy Sakuma Ukulele Festival to even qualify.

I feel your pain, bro. Brok' da wallet, but da mana still steh strong.

Hi all,

Looking for information regarding potential scholarships for dedicated ukulele players? Im currently in a band, I play quite regularly, but im also a struggling college student going for his bachelor's degree. They both take up a lot of time in my life and are of equal importance to me.

IF anyone has any information or support I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

I got a pretty-much free ride at the Institute of Hawaiian Music at UH Maui, but it's not bachelor's degree material: it's a specific music course. I believe that, depending on your participation, Keola is still getting some serious financial help to the students.

Originally Posted by OceaniaStudent
Hello people,
Newbie here. I'm an online student playing ukulele and looking for grants or scholaships. Are there active scholarships now for ukulele players? Where can I find samples or buyessays motivation or application letter templates?

Welcome to the community,

Here's a list of active scholarships:
Ukulele Music Info Musical Studies Scholarship at ASU (Amount: $1000)
Stillman Kelley National Instrumental Awards (Amount: $200-$1,000)
Ukulele Festival Hawaii's College Scholarship Program (Amount: $2,000)

Top Bottom