PDA

View Full Version : Scholarships for ukulele players?

TheNoseeums
01-11-2016, 10:45 AM
Hi all,

Looking for information regarding potential scholarships for dedicated ukulele players? Im currently in a band, I play quite regularly, but im also a struggling college student going for his bachelor's degree. They both take up a lot of time in my life and are of equal importance to me.

IF anyone has any information or support I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

CasanovaGuy
01-11-2016, 12:22 PM
The only college scholarship I've come across was the Eleanor Higa Performing Arts Foundation Scholarship (http://www.ukulelefestivalhawaii.org/en/history/scholarship-past-recipients.htm), but you'd have to be student volunteer at the Roy Sakuma Ukulele Festival to even qualify.

I feel your pain, bro. Brok' da wallet, but da mana still steh strong.

Brad Bordessa
01-11-2016, 01:56 PM
Hi all,

Looking for information regarding potential scholarships for dedicated ukulele players? Im currently in a band, I play quite regularly, but im also a struggling college student going for his bachelor's degree. They both take up a lot of time in my life and are of equal importance to me.

IF anyone has any information or support I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

I got a pretty-much free ride at the Institute of Hawaiian Music at UH Maui, but it's not bachelor's degree material: it's a specific music course. I believe that, depending on your participation, Keola is still getting some serious financial help to the students.