Interesting news from Mya Moe today

There are only about 200 custom build spots remaining on their build list. After that (in 2018), no custom orders.

Such nice people--I hope they find their next adventure to be just as rewarding and full of joy. So kind of them to put so much energy and effort into helping Aaron launch his business, too. Just quality folk

Last edited:
I've thoroughly enjoyed all of my Mya Moe ukes--I believe they will be the modern ukes of today that will turn into the desirable "vintage" ukes of tomorrow.

Great news about no longer having to be on a pre-order wait list; once again, a person can order, place a deposit, and know they're on the build schedule.

Cheers to Gordon & Char in whatever they choose for the future, and to Aaron and Nicole for their new Beansprout endeavor. :)

I'm pretty sure it's Mya moh eh

I've always thought that Gordon had one of the best business approaches in the ukulele business. He is correct about custom ukes requiring a LOT of time and interaction with the customer. He is moving in a direction where I think most builders would like to be. I wish them the very best in the future.

Nice videos. Probably not that common for someone to announce plans this far in advance. Have to really applaud them for doing this. I'm sure that they will do well in the future and it will be interesting to see how far they push their creative juices when they build what they want.

John

I am in no way trying to say that marketing and creating demand was the goal of the video and early announcement, but I have a feeling that this will cause many more to pull the trigger on one. Obviously Mya-moe has tons of demand and appeal anyway.

I am in no way trying to say that marketing and creating demand was the goal of the video and early announcement, but I have a feeling that this will cause many more to pull the trigger on one. Obviously Mya-moe has tons of demand and appeal anyway.

I don't think so. Gordon makes it very clear in the video that the intention was not to create a sudden rush, he specifically states they have about 200 customs left which normally would take 8-10 months to fill, and advises taking your time and not rushing into a deposit. You gotta respect that.

Mya Moe was the first uke brand I really became interested and excited about. I placed my name on the wait list back in November 2014, and it will finally bear some fruit at the end of February.

The news makes me wonder if selling my last MM recently was a good move. It was my favourite of all the MM's I've owned and it made my friend, who bought it, very very happy.

.............well my MyaMoe Beansprout tenor is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow....
I have so much admired the thoroughly professional way he runs his business.
Taking the time at the end of the day to take images of MY instrument and post them.......it's very considerate.
I wish them well.......

.............well my MyaMoe Beansprout tenor is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow....
I have so much admired the thoroughly professional way he runs his business.
Taking the time at the end of the day to take images of MY instrument and post them.......it's very considerate.
I wish them well.......

Robin, I am sure that anyone who has ever owned one of their instruments will wish them well in their future endeavours. Their unique approach to building instruments and their superlative communication skills has benefited the Ukulele community greatly.

All great people and ukes, wish them well in whatever endeavors they may choose ahead. Happy trails gordon, char and Aaron :)

Wanna go in for one together? I'll chip in an arm if you'll supply a leg.

Last night there was a more normal looking tenor for like $1695. The vid said they are making about two a week non-custom so I guess you just have to keep checking back. Still a "wee" bit north of what I'm willing to spend on a uke but I appreciate what MM is doing and wish them well. Kind of a shame we have to wait so long to see what else Aaron has up his sleeve.

Top Bottom