Martin Style 51 Baritone (mid 60s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnachtmqn

Reaction score
I have a Martin Style 51 Baritone Ukulele that has been in my family since it was new. My Grandfather bought it on a trip to Hawaii sometime in the mid-late 60s and it appears that it has never been played. I took it to a shop and had it looked at and they said it was in "museum quality." The only noticeable flaw in it is a slight crack in the nut (although it is still 100% functional). It will come in a case that seems right for the time frame, but I have no clue if it was the case included in the sale, its an actual hard-shell case, not the chipboard case you often see with vintage Ukes.

I am pricing this Uke at $950. I am not really interested in any trades.

I know I haven't been very active on these forums, but I do a lot of buying and selling at talkbass.com under the handle "lowendmafia" and I have close to 100 positive feedback ratings there.

Pics:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 181
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
More pics of the Uke including time stamp to see that I have it in my possession.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Welcome.

This baritone is very lovely ... is it my eyesight? The angle of the picture ... but to me the frets look used and finger impressions in them. The nut is an easy fix ...

It must be the light in the picture. The frets are in absolutely perfect condition. I own a lot of musical instruments and a couple from the 60s and this Uke is in the best shape of any 60s instrument I have ever owned. My bet is that my grandfather purchased it and never found time to learn to play it. He was a surgeon that played both guitar and banjo, so I imagine he was short on learning time.

Welcome.

This baritone is very lovely ... is it my eyesight? The angle of the picture ... but to me the frets look used and finger impressions in them. The nut is an easy fix ...

Still looking to sell this, let me know if you are interested and I can take specific pictures or whatever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom