FS: New and unused Hamano H-100T Solid Mahogany Tenor with Ukulele TGI ABS Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyharpo

Reaction score
IMG_7182.jpgIMG_7209.jpgIMG_7185.jpgIMG_7187.jpgIMG_7186.jpg(I would prefer to ship to UK or Ireland)

I am selling a new Hamano Tenor Ukulele and TGI ABS Hardshell Tenor Ukulele Hard Case Flight Case With Shoulder Strap.

I have two of these ukuleles, I bought one for myself and I had plans for the other one that have fallen through, I am selling to try to recoup some of my money back.

The ukulele has the factory fitted strings on it, they are not great and will need to be replaced and so I will include a new set of aquila strings.

The ukulele is satin finish but I think they look a lot better after the have been polished up to a semi-gloss finish. I will include a picture that shows my ukulele to see the difference that a few hours polishing can make.

EDIT: PRICE REDUCED TO £200 PLUS SHIPPING

Payment would probably be best by paypal so there is a record of the sale for buyer & sellers protection.

Last edited:
What did you use to polish up the Matt finish. I'm outside your ship area but curious. You did a good job on your ukuleles if I'm reading post correctly and it was Matt finish which you polished up. Comments on how you did this if you would be so kind.

I am also curious as to what you used to to make the Uke look like that. It looks completely different. How often would you have to polish it and did you seal it afterwards? Great job.

I got the idea after reading this blog:

https://vintageguitarblog.wordpress.com/2013/11/26/81/

I wasn't too sure how to polish finish up so I asked for some advice on a guitar forum and I was advised to use wire wool and car polish, I used 0000 wire wool and auto glym super resin polish and then buffed it up with a cloth. There is no need to seal it or polish it afterwards as it is already sealed t start of with.

Last edited:
Don't mean to hijack this thread but I've read that you should avoid any product that has silicone in it when polishing your ukes. Makes it harder for any future repairs/finishing? I just looked on autoglym's faq on their site and it has silicone in it so I guess use with caution or at your own risk. It looks really great to shine up that satin finish though.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I've read that you should avoid any product that has silicone in it when. polishing your ukes. Makes it harder for any future repairs/finishing? I just looked on autoglym's faq on their site and it has silicone in it so I guess use with caution or at your own risk. It looks really great to shine up that satin finish though.

Wildfire - You are right, silicone can make it harder to refinish the ukulele in the future if needed, but I think that it is highly unlikely that I will ever want to refinish the uke in the future and there are ways to deal with the silicone if needed. It is also important to be aware that is is not just car polish that contain silicone, some of the waxes and polishes sold to be used on guitars also contain silicone.

I am glad that you pointed that out though, and I would suggest that anyone else who wants to polish up a satin finish try a silicone free polish like Preservation Polish

Last edited:
Here are some pictures taken in better light.

IMG_7209.jpgIMG_7210.jpgIMG_7211.jpgIMG_7212.jpg

Last edited:
Price reduced to £200 plus shipping.

Last edited:
I can also split and sell the ukulele on it's own for £170 plus p&p, that is around half RRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom