Groups on this forum.

Just wondering if others actually know about these groups,
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/group.php?cat=1

They don't seem to get many visitors.

Yeah, I've wondered why too--many times. It seems to me that people who have certain interests would like to converse with others who have the same interests.

Most of the posts on this forum have very little to do with actually playing Ukes. Interminable UAS and string changing seem to be what drives the UU. But I guess that's what UUers mostly like to do--que sera, sera . . .
:eek:ld:

I didn't even know that section existed. I'll be joining the Barron River owners group.

I totally forgot that I joined the Los Angeles group when I first started playing uke in mid 2013. I just joined the Custom Uke Owners group too. I also keep up with the Bass forum. Put them all on my Bookmarks now.

I didn't know that these groups existed. Thanks for pointing it out to those of us who haven't fully investigated all that UU has to offer.

They seem very slow, maybe you need the correct handshake.....lol

I never quite got the point of the groups. When would a conversation be more appropriate for a group than for the forum as a whole?

I joined a few groups when i first became a UU member. I just joined several more, since UAS has broadened my horizons. I think they die a slow death since one has to make an effort to go to the group, versus it coming up in the New Posts section. If they worked like the UU Supporters section and were available for automatic viewing, then they might be better populated.

As to why have them at all? I would say to eliminate the tedium of a narrow niche.

There's a New Group Messages button under the red bar, next to New Posts.

Thanks, I hadn't worked that one out, yes, it is - Community -> Groups

Actually, it is click New Posts under the red bar, and then one will see the New Group Messages link. I had been in the practice of just clicking "What's New?" Thanks, tigersister. Now I realize why I never really got into the Groups.

Most of the posts on this forum have very little to do with actually playing Ukes. Interminable UAS and string changing seem to be what drives the UU. But I guess that's what UUers mostly like to do--que sera, sera . . .
:eek:ld:

That may be true to some extent, but I like it much better than on the ukulele section of reddit (http://reddit.com/r/ukulele), where it seems there's a request for chords or tab for the same exact dozen or so songs, that seems to be in rotation of an infinite repeat cycle since the search function over there must be broken for a very long time now...

Last edited:
Top Bottom