New {old} Kook-a-la-lee for me!

wdonley

Reaction score
Hi all-
Had a little time to fill between work and band practice tonite. Stopped at a thrift shop on the way to the beach. Guess it was meant to be.They had a very nice Kook-a-la-lee for sale. Even the hard to find tuners are in nice shape!Had to have it. I do play drums in a surf band, "The Dentures". So, I suppose I needed it.Fun piece. I'll be curious what new strings will do for it..... IMG_0491.jpgIMG_0492.jpgIMG_0490.jpg

What a great find!

Lucky find. I have one that was given to me by my aunt when she knew i played ukes. It was my uncles and he had bought it nee in the 70"s. I placed worth strings because they were good and available in longer lengths for like 2 ukes and friends were amazed that it actually is a instrument and sounds good for what it is.

Other string makers like Oasis sell double set strings that would work too. Have fun with it.

Cool, I'd love to find one! A friend found a Polk-a-lay-lee and a Treholipee at a local garage sale and got them both for, like $20.

Lucky find. I have one that was given to me by my aunt when she knew i played ukes. It was my uncles and he had bought it nee in the 70"s. I placed worth strings because they were good and available in longer lengths for like 2 ukes and friends were amazed that it actually is a instrument and sounds good for what it is.

Other string makers like Oasis sell double set strings that would work too. Have fun with it.

Great idea! Guess the strings would have to be pretty long. These are so stiff and old, anything should play better........

Wow, that looks really neat. Mine is the same color green, but my plastic parts are black. I was warned by the local guitar repair guy to go with low tension classical guitar strings... so I bought these sizes in trebles (buying two of the highest #1 string of course).
labellalights.jpg

To the people recommending the Worth ukulele strings; do you buy the double length tenor sets?

Top Bottom