Major scales Patterns

Hidden Character

Reaction score
Hey guys, so i've read through many of the basic theory threads and I've got a good understanding of the Major scales. Problem is, I dont know how to play them correctly on the uke. I know how to play the C and A scales, but when i try playing something like the G scale, it sounds weird once I pluck the C string, so my question is, what are the tabs for the other scales? Is it like the C scale or is it like the A scale where i stick to one string?

I hope my question is understandable D:

Last edited:
Uhh basically its just W W H W W W H
So if your just going up one string it will look something like this:

Example "C" Scale

W W H W W W H
C:-0--2--4--5--7--9--11--12--

An alternate would be

A:------------------0--2--3---
E:---------0--1--3------------
C:--0--2----------------------
G:----------------------------

And basically if you want a "D" Major Scale move that pattern a whole step [2 frets] up, and an "E" two whole steps [4 frets], and an "F" two and a half [5 frets]... so on and so forth

Does that make sense?

Uhh basically its just W W H W W W H
So if your just going up one string it will look something like this:

Example "C" Scale

W W H W W W H
C:-0--2--4--5--7--9--11--12--

An alternate would be

A:------------------0--2--3---
E:---------0--1--3------------
C:--0--2----------------------
G:----------------------------

And basically if you want a "D" Major Scale move that pattern a whole step [2 frets] up, and an "E" two whole steps [4 frets], and an "F" two and a half [5 frets]... so on and so forth

Does that make sense?

Thanks for the reply :3 but that's actually the part I understand. Sorry, it's my fault for not making it clearer, I meant to ask for the tabs for the scales because i'm not sure if the way im strumming my scales are the correct way.

For example, this is what i do for the G scale

A:----------------------------
E:-----------------0--1--3----
C:-----------0--2-------------
G:--0--2--4-------------------

I have a feeling it's wrong.

Last edited:
Does your uke have a high G or low G tuning? With high G tuning it might sound strange with your tab.

And your F should be a F# in a G scale.

Thanks so much guys :3 All your material have been a great help :3 Now time for me to drill these into my brain :D

I was looking around the net for one of those graphic fretboard you plug different scales and keys into and it shows the notes all over the fretboard - but where you can change the strings to 4 and set the tuning. Dang, I've seen them somewhere but can't find it lately. All I found was just for guitar,you could not change the number of strings or set your own tuning.

Anyone seen such a thing for Ukulele?

Top Bottom