first build solid body uke question

Tenorsee guy

Reaction score
I have decided to challenge myself and build a solid body flat top electric uke. I know my way around a shop and my tools. My lack of knowledge is this: In trying to decide whether to build a guitar style thru the body neck or bolt on neck, does it need to be angled or straight? If angled, then how do you figure the degree of slope on a tenor or baritone length uke?

Hello
I am currently in the process of building a telecaster style uke for my nephew, a brilliant guitarist who just got a custom tele in surf green for his 21st. I am building the uke to match as close as possible.
As it is a tele I have gone for the bolt on neck, but I think this also gives the option of adjusting the neck angle later on if it needs it. This appeals to my slightly sloppy accuracy ethic.

Here is a pic of the work in progress and the neck fixing. I need to get better screws to attach that plate. It is just a bit of galvanised joinery metalwork that I cut, drilled and then polished up. I spray painted a trial piece of body off-cut in Ford Jade Green car rattle-can.

100_5938_zpsofbkeltn.jpg

100_5939_zpslsorpksy.jpg

Cheers
Max

Top Bottom